Vice President, Financial Sector Research
Founded as the Center for Financial Research and Analysis (CFRA) in 1994, CFRA is a global independent research business that provides forensic accounting, earnings quality, and legal research and solutions to institutional investors, underwriters, and other financial institutions.
CFRA is the recognised leader in Forensic Accounting Research and develops unique exception-based research products that help clients sift through the noise and assess the quality of inputs into their models and processes.
CFRA's products and services provide:
- A unique and objective perspective to reviewing earnings and cash flow quality and sustainability, corporate governance, legal/regulatory risk, and overall business health
- Important information and early warning signs of business deterioration
- Coverage of an extensive universe of companies in North America, Europe, and Asia with an exception-based accounting methodology that has proven to be an early warning signal for many high profile frauds and bankruptcies as well as countless earnings disappointments.
- High-touch service by an expert team of accredited analysts
- A valuable resource for idea assessment, risk management, portfolio monitoring, continuing education, due diligence, and special project work
Based in our London office, the Vice President, Financial Research will conduct financial statement analysis on companies in the financial sector, including U.S./European/Asian commercial banks, thrifts, REITs, and insurance companies. They will:
- Publish forensic equity research reports on publicly traded companies for dissemination to the company’s client base, including institutional investors, underwriters, regulators and law practices.
- Utilise analysis of IFRS, U.S. GAAP and bank regulatory filings, including call reports, BHC filings, and Pillar III reports, to identify companies with hidden risks to future operational performance.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research, including rigorous financial statement analysis, gathering and interpreting company-specific and sector-specific data to develop and produce company and industry reports that identify industry themes and risks
- Utilise financial sector database SNL to run quantitative screens and to pull and analyse financial data
- Utilise the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) curriculum for gained financial statement analysis and valuation skills
- Use the Certified Financial Risk Manager (FRM) curriculum to identify risks inherent in financial institution, including credit, market and operational risks
- Perform custom research for top clients
- Communicate research ideas to clients.
Specific Skills Required
- Proven experience performing financial statement analysis of companies in the financial sector, including analysis of bank regulatory filings, operational performance, valuations and historical perspective of regulatory and accounting trends.
- Must have higher education in a related field with a strong preference for the Charter Financial Analyst (CFA) and Financial Risk Manager (FRM) certifications
- Prior regulatory background is a plus
This role is full time (37.5 hours per week) and will command a salary between £80,000 - £100,000 and benefits package, including private medical insurance, dental insurance, pension and life assurance.
Closing date for applications: 4th August 2013.
PO BOX - 0006183
2 Derry Street, LONDON W8 5TT