Existing Products Engineer
RMS - Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting a Existing Products Engineer on behalf of our client, a Global outdoor products manufacturer based in the County Durham area. A permanent position, this is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive company who are at the forefront of the outdoor products, manufacturing industry.
Having worked in partnership with this client for over many years, RMS are well networked within the industry and are proud to have recruited some of the very best talent within the market.
Contracted to 37 hours per week, notable Benefits for this position include:
- 33 days holidays inclusive of bank holidays
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Complimentary on site parking
- Death in service
- Flexi time
Reporting directly to the Products Team Leader you will work as an integral part of the Product Maintenance team supporting the design changes, quality improvements and the maintenance of bills of materials for existing products.
Day to Day duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Act as an interface between Global Design Centres and the manufacturing facility
- Project manage existing products through design changes, quality improvements
- Maintain bills of materials and implement changes
- Investigate, understand and solve design related problems
- Manage multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines
- Present designs and ideas to senior management
- Using the Boothroyd Dewhurst system you will find best practise for designs being challenged against cost, time and design.
- Must be a self starter and be able to work under minimal supervision
To be considered this position you must be educated to HNC level and have:
- Extensive injection moulding knowledge and experience as well as metal pressing and die castings
- Experience with 3D CAD and Catia V5
- A strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to be hands on when required
- Experience with cost reduction, value analysis and DFM/DFA
Although not essential desirably you will have experience using Boothroyd Dewhurst
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80105259