Senior Quality Engineer
Our client is an established and successful high-volume manufacturing company based in County Durham. They are currently looking for Senior Quality Engineer to join their team. If you are interested and meet the person specification of the job role, please apply as soon as possible.
- To lead the interaction of Chassis’ team with the Quality area of the Client, emphasizing the follow-up of APQP, Tolerances an SC/CC agreements and PPAP timing.
- To provide the Sales Team with the adequate Quality Concept for Chassis components;
- To guarantee that all Quality Requirements and Lessons Learned are considered in the Product Design (DFMEA, Datum Strategy, Tolerances, Feasibility…) and Process Development (PFMEA, Control Plan, Poka-Yokes, DFM…);
- To assure the Quality of any element provided by suppliers during the Prototypes building phase (Part Validation, Gauge Approval…);
- Guarantee Quality throughout the Prototypes Building phase, by stablishing controls (Measurement Reports), inspections (Product Audits) and validations, in accordance with Control Plan. To generate and lead Improvement Plans in the Prototypes Workshops;
- To support any innovative initiative aimed to obtain a technical advantage or cost reduction.
- Make sure that all information generated during development and prototypes building phases are correctly transferred to production plants;
- To give expert Chassis related Quality support in "Serial Preparation" and "Ramp-up" phases;
- To promote a Follow up and Technical Assistance routine in Chassis related issue during "Mass Production" phase.
- To promote and keep a continuous improvement routine in relation to the Quality Management System, orientated to the increase of business’ efficiency and long term profitability.
- To generate the documentation for the Directors’ committees, and keep and control it with the rest of elements of the Quality Management System (QMS).
- To support and coordinate Quality related activities with other Business Units and Corporate Departments.
- Educated to HNC or Degree level in an Engineering discipline (preferably in Mechanics)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Design and Product Development environment, specially focused on the chassis’ production.
- 5 years’ experience in the Quality Area in a manufacturing plant of automotive components.
- Has previously worked, from a Quality point of view with Cold Stamping (Dimensional Analysis of GAPs…) and Arc Welding (Processes evaluation, GAPs’ Analysis, Quality-Checks, Cut and Etch…)
- Previous experience in a position of responsibility in automotive industry.
- Wide experience in automotive industry standards, procedures and practices.
- Experience in using Quality tools and techniques such as, 8D analysis, Poka Yoke etc.
- Experience and working knowledge in producing and developing required PPAP elements such as, PFMEA’s , Control Plans etc.
- Good interpersonal and organisation skills, ability to pay close attention to detail.
- To provide a highly professional management approach; building positive relationships with colleagues and Customers, looking for opportunities to add value to the internal customer.
- To have self-motivation, confident and be proactive attitude.
- To contribute innovative ideas that enhances work practices; is receptive to new ideas and participates in the implementation of change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven negotiation skills, with analytical thinking and problem solving skills with the ability to stay calm and collected under pressure.
- Proficiency in all MS Office packages including Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.