Channel Sales Manager
A Channel Sales Manager is required to join an exciting, fast-growing and established cloud IT business based in Reading. Focused on backup, storage and archiving since 1998 and at the forefront of cloud services since 2005, they have successfully evolved into a leading Cloud backup and storage provider and now has over 10,000 end user customers and in excess of 140 channel partners.
On the back of a run of record sales years, continued growth (over 35% year on year) and during continued growth in the cloud industry, they are now looking to expand our team to pro-actively increase our market presence and ultimately sales growth.
If you are hard-working and a self-starter and are looking for a serious career within a fast-paced, energetic and fun environment, where hard-work, initiative and commitment are rewarded then this could be the company for you.
This role has overall responsibility for winning, maintaining and expanding relationships with our commercial channel partners. The Channel Manager must meet or exceed channel sales revenue, profitability and new partner recruitment objectives.
Through developing and maintaining business relationships with key channel partners, you are to ensure that the company has a well-established and scalable route to market.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Meet or exceed channel sales revenue, channel sales profitability, new customer acquisition goals.
- Develop channel sales plans and strategies for building/maintaining a robust channel sales pipeline and moving opportunities through the sales cycle.
- Work closely with the sales team, leading the day-to-day channel sales activities. You will be expected to supervise the internal sales team – encouraging them to drive additional sales into existing partners, whilst finding new reseller clients.
-Effective and accurate sales forecasts for each of the channel partners
- Identify and on-board new channel partners
- Train the channel partners on how to sell their solutions against the competition.
- Work closely with marketing to develop and execute lead generation programmes for channel partners.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activities and provide feedback to marketing
- Develop, maintain and improve personal knowledge of the company’s products/services.
- Follow the sales processes of the company and effectively use the sales resources provided.
- Work with management to develop and maintain a flexible/scalable channel sales model.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications
- A self-starter - able to act on own initiative and demonstrate drive and determination.
- Experience in creating and building a reseller channel.
- Proven sales experience, hunting and closing business with new customers.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) and presentation skills.
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner.
- Good 'people skills', for working with a range of colleagues, clients, partners and suppliers.
- Good organisational and time management skills – able to develop and work to processes.
- Able to network effectively with peers and customer accounts at all levels including senior management.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Commitment to business and personal integrity.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Salary £competitive + commission (uncapped)
- Car Allowance
- Contributory Pension
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days paid holiday per annum
- 2 days paid charity work (optional)