Network Support Engineer
As a Network Engineer within the BAU team you will be responsible for maintaining the company's Network infrastructure and associated documents. The Network Engineer will be heavily focussed on Network Security and will work with Firewall technology on a daily basis as well as Cisco and F5 devices.
The scope of the primary task of this role is to assist within the BAU team as well as to provide support to project teams when needed.
An On-call requirement of 1 week in 4 as well as joining the team shift rota would be required.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include:
- Monitor and manage network monitoring systems and ticketing systems and be able to establish the impact of alerts and events. The Network Engineer will investigate alerts and events independently and will evaluate the impact and raise the incidents, outages and changes required for resolution as required. They will also need to manage the ticket queue.
- Manage and troubleshoot issues that arise on the network and resolve issues reported by other IT groups. The candidate must be dynamic and be able to work under pressure to resolve incidents and outages in a complex network environment across many different network technology areas. This may include working across multiple different IT disciplines.
- Assist with projects to enhance Operations within the organisation. The candidate must be flexible and be able to manage their time efficiently and effectively between operational functions and project work as there will be a requirement to assist with operational projects on an ad hoc basis.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing and actioning tickets within the Networks queue
- Managing infrastructure components within the operating environment
- Reactive troubleshooting and resolution of alerts
- Identifying and resolving potential issues proactively
- Owning and resolving production issues and performing root cause analysis
- Managing ongoing upgrade and maintenance of associated platform hardware, and preparing operational reports relating to these platforms
- Manage, perform due diligence and resolve where possible complex problems and escalate in a timely manner
- Out of hours on-call on a rota
You will have:
- Excellent communications
- Good experience in a similar role.
- CCNP level at a minimum is required.
- Fortinet Firewall Experience
- Good knowledge of routing and switching.
- Knowledge of Nexus is desirable.
- Knowledge of F5 (LTM) is desirable
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Flexibility and agility to adapt to changing requirements
- Good stakeholder engagement skills with a strong customer service mind set.
- Good time management skills to manage and action business as usual operational tasks as well as execute and deliver operational projects
- Well-developed problem solving skills, with the ability to assimilate data rapidly in order to present solutions effectively.
- Scripting skills desirable but not essential
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960205084