Project Process & Control Accountant
Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) is the world's leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim and temporary resources.
Being a leading international general insurance provider with a heritage dating back over 300 years, our client is still seeing excellent growth and constantly strives to put people at the forefront of their business. They are currently driving large scale, exciting programmes and delivering an exceptional level of improvement across the group.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Project Process & Control Accountant for a 12 month FTC contract based in Liverpool
You will work closely with the Finance Project Lead and Financial Control Business Partner providing support and improving the financial control environment of the European offices.
You will spend your time carrying out testing of existing controls and supporting the business through remediation and transition activity, including the design of new processes and controls.
You will provide feedback and advice to the business in relation to their controls and any improvements which can be made
As Project Process & Control Accountant you will be responsible for and involved in:
- Liaising with Financial Control Business Partner / Leader to agree testing approach to ensure compliance with Group Policy
- Planning and performing Financial Control tests in order to give assurance as to the effectiveness of the control environment
- Testing will cover a wide variety of processes and business areas and will involve liaising with colleagues at all levels of the business.
- Providing recommendations and advice on control activity and any improvements which can be made. Ensuring information is presented clearly, unambiguously and in a readily comprehensible and appropriate format for the audience and business purpose
- Providing support to the Finance Project Lead assisting on the transition work stream.
- Helping design new processes and controls for the European business
In order to be successful in this role you will possess all or some of the below criteria:
- Fully qualified accountant with a background ideally with the Big 4 or top tier accountancy firm who has performed audits on large corporates
- Advanced understanding of IFRS, relevant law, regulation and/or listing requirements to ensure the UK accounting and reporting is compliant.
- Effective and proportionate financial control - experience of testing financial controls either internally or as part of an external audit team
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and speak to one of our sourcing specialists now.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960179153