SENIOR PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER
Launched in 2008 with a mission to revolutionise advertising by solving the greatest issue affecting the industry "Ad Skipping". Our client’s patented technology allows brand imagery such as product and signage, to be seamlessly integrated into any digital video stream or file. In doing so it has created a new standard in advertising where brand integration is an affordable, scalable ad unit running in multiple pieces of content. The resulting native in video ads (NIVA) are seamless, authentic, and work across all three screens. In 2013, our client’s chief scientist won an Academy Award for the imaging technology.
Our client closed $15 million in financing as of January 2016, led by British venture capital group IP Group Plc, alongside Parkwalk Funds, with a minority investment from Unilever Ventures, the venture capital and private equity arm of Unilever.
Our client is rapidly commercialising its award-winning technology platform, and has deals with major content producers and has worked with top video platforms and broadcasters in the worlds largest advertising markets by spend.
The business turned over $1m in 2015, which is set to increase significantly over the coming years with projected sales approaching a run rate of $100m by 2020. Our client’s ownership structure includes management and employees, IP Group Plc (who hold a 40% stake) and a number of institutional investors. The business is headquartered in central London, and has offices in New York, Mumbai, and Shanghai, with additional staff located in Seoul and Singapore.
Purpose of Role:
Our client has pioneered a new video advertising format which is embedded in the content this format is experiencing significant in-market uptake. This uptake requires our proposition to be solidified across all markets and internalised by a growing number of third party organisations.
To drive this we need an experienced product marketing manager with a global focus who has the skills to manage all outbound activities, including sales enablement (internal and external), positioning, adoption and release programmes supported by regional product marketing colleagues. In addition she will be required to centrally manage all inbound activities driving strategic market driven roadmap initiatives in conjunction with product management colleagues.
- Develop and maintain core product and feature positioning and messaging that is robust enough to maintain globally consistent after localisation
- Drive go-to-market strategy working closely with programme management and in-region product marketing colleagues
- Plan and execute launches for new products and new releases in conjunction with marketing and regional leaders
- Create sales and marketing tools such as sales presentations, conversation guides, white papers, videos, infographics, best practice guides, how-to tips/tricks, solution sheets, competitive positioning guides etc.
- Serve as the central product marketing expert for our core technologies, supporting related marketing activity such as PR, social, customer communications, events, etc.
- Create and deliver sales enablement training with a strong focus on creating on boarding and enablement programmes for third party organisations
- Identify and define strategic roadmap initiatives based on global market feedback and competitive insights
- Be the voice of the customer across the globe
Person Specification - SENIOR PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes needed for the role:
BA or BS, MBA preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Great verbal and written communication skills with an ability to create and deliver effective presentations to executive-level audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-organizationally, especially with Commercial teams, Marketing, and Product Management, to align multiple stakeholders and teams.
- Strong ability to frame issues, drive appropriate analyses, and make clear, actionable recommendations.
- Able to influence global teams to ensure consistent adoption of programmes with the ability to enable sufficient localisation
- Highly collaborative work style.
- Willing to travel as required.
- At least 7+ years of product marketing experience. Experience in ad-tech or broadcast technologies is strongly preferred.
- Experience defining and implementing global go to market strategies for complex technologies
- Experience driving adoption of technologies in third party sales organisations
- Experience enabling multiple sales groups on an international scale through integrated enablement programmes
- Experience working in a developing product marketing organisation with a clear impact on process and activity development