Senior/Principal Transport Planner
If you are looking for a development planning role, this is the position for you. My client is looking to fill a number of position in the UK, they are looking for people with experience of around 3 to 10 years with a "can do" attitude. The position is for a project manager, tasked with the delivery of small and medium sized projects for some of the established clients whilst delivering new business.
Technical experience and skills, with a solid grounding in transportation planning for public and/or private sector clients, and likely to consist of a mix of:
- Planning policy, transport assessments or development control.
- Application of operational transport models for junctions (SATURN, PICADY, ARCADY, LINSIG or TRANSYT and/or microsimulation).
- Application of wider area modelling in scheme impact assessments.
- Scheme appraisal using WebTAG and cost-benefit analysis.
- An ability to undertake and appreciate methods to deliver bespoke analysis regarding initial scheme viability.
- Parking, local traffic, lorry management and other local transport plan issues including cycle and walking strategy development.
- An ability to conceptualise and articulate a path that will transform a local problem or issue into a set of options and evidence for consideration through to outline design.
- Traffic engineering experience and minor scheme design for urban areas
Qualifications / Experience:
- The candidate will be actively in the process of achieving professional accreditation either through ICE, CIHT, TPP or equivalent.
- They will be expected to be able to communicate well and establish excellent working relationships with clients.
- An ability and desire to make presentations for industry events / seminars / external professional groups would be attractive, as would experience coding using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Python or other languages.