Youth Tutor Construction Specialist
Our client, a growing and prestigious Training Provider in Wales are recruiting for an experienced, passionate and creative Youth Tutor (Construction Specialist) to join a dynamic team.
You will provide an employability framework to Level 1 learners, ensuring the attainment of positive outcomes through the delivery of classroom and vocational assessment and training.
This role will cover South East Wales (Cardiff, Newport, Cwmbran, Blackwood) so you will need to have access to your own vehicle to be considered for the position.
- Conduct initial interviews including assessment activities with learners using a range of tools
- Plan the learning and assessment process with learners, observing and recording assessments
- Complete and maintain accurate records including the 'Individual Learning Plan'
- Deliver sessions which include direct teaching and the use of a variety of teaching strategies
- Delivery of both classroom and placement-based teaching and assessment
- Provide focused support to those learners who are pre-entry level, or may have specific learning needs
- Working closely with the learners' learning coach to identify progression opportunities
- Completion of all training and learner related documentation and paperwork
- Maintaining good working relationships with all key stakeholders
- Contacting learners who fail to attend placements or centre training, tracking attendance
- Ideally have Assessors Qualification
- Relevant training experience and qualification within Construction
- Experience of working with young people
- Occupational Experience / Knowledge within Construction sector
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of training industry
- Flexible in approach
- Enthusiastic and passionate
The company offer an excellent working environment, strong benefits and opportunity to develop a long-term career.