Clinical Consultant/Specialist - Oncology-Chemotherapy
Title: Chemotherapy Clinical Consultant
Location: Field Based, Covering Wales and the South East
Benefits: 25 days hols, competitive salary + car + bonus and excellent benefits.
The Clinical Consultant will be seen as an expert in short term peripheral vascular access, IV therapy and infection prevention specifically related to Chemotherapy
They will work at a strategic level to support the MDS Product portfolio from a clinical perspective. This will involve:
- Delivering clinical evidence to the product portfolio
- Creation of new clinical tools to aid the sales team and driving and managing the Practice v Guideline Reviews
- Development and delivery of maintenance plans for key accounts
- Taking overall responsibility for all clinical aspects of the portfolio within the assigned geography and provide pre and post-sales support in a clinical capacity
- Effectively leverage their clinical and product knowledge to advance sales opportunities as they relate directly to customer needs
- Flexible support of the sales team in the field, acting as an expert, advisor and trouble shooter and;
- Working in partnership with key Opinion Leaders, the Clinical Consultant will drive clinical advocacy for the portfolio
Education and Job Specific Skills:
- Registered Nurse or Operating Department Practitioner with current UK Registration
- Specific Oncology/Chemotherapy qualification, N59 Chemotherapy Diploma
Experienced in Vascular Access, IV Therapy and infection prevention experience - practical clinical skills and awareness of IV care and maintenance, guidelines, policy, best practice and management of complications around Chemotherapy care
Knowledge of Clinical cannulation experience gained in an area with high frequency short term peripheral cannulations e.g. oncology and a proven track record of clinical success in the private medical or NHS environment
Skills and experience:
To be successful in this role, you will have strong NHS knowledge specifically within secondary care. Training experience within a clinical environment and supervision of non-registered staff, pre-registration. Evidence of ability to train/present to other staff members and understanding of key NHS challenges in terms of Infection Prevention Control. The ability to demonstrate sound clinical training skills is a must as is building key relationship. The successful candidate would be able to prioritise workload and able to multitask.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience?
Join our external EMEA Talent Community here: http://bd.tal3nt.community/