Mechanical Design Engineer
Based near Bury St Edmunds, our client is involved in the design and manufacture of scientific equipment. Due to a sustained period of growth, they are now looking for an additional Mechanical Design Engineer to join their engineering team.
You will be responsible for the design and development of new products and to provide support for existing products. Working within a team of Electronic and Mechanical engineers the position will involve all areas of the product life cycle from initial conception to end of life. Including design, building of prototypes, relevant documentation, control of obsolescence and design assurance.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- To take concepts through to workable production designs using Solidworks 3D software
- Assist with assembly, test of prototypes and first-off project builds
- Produce accurate manufacturing drawings to required specifications
- Support Production when required, to ensure that new projects are completed on schedule, and any changes are completed effectively.
- Support Sales and R & D to create innovative solutions to match customer requirements and increase the company's product range
- Generate bills of materials for all new mechanical products on MRP system.
- To undertake training required to effectively perform within your role
- Detailed knowledge of recent 3D CAD package
- Experience of designing mechanical assemblies to tight tolerances
- Knowledge of SEM/vacuum applications
- Mechanical or Electro-mechanical background
- Experience of MRP, creating BOMs etc.
Due to location, own transportation is essential.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960166899