Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
Designing your future…
Are you an experienced design engineer with an expert understanding of SolidWorks and precision machinery, and you’re looking to put your knowledge to good use in a role that lets you flex your creative muscle? If this sounds like you, do not miss this opportunity to join a rapidly expanding team where you will be encouraged to take ownership of your workload and supported to progress your career.
For those with extensive experience, an opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team is available, which will have more responsibility and a rewards package to reflect such.
Who will I be working with?
Unimaq Ltd is a global leader specialising in the design, development and manufacturing of large precision machines and equipment to print preformed beverage cans at speeds exceeding 2000 cans per minute. The fully automated high-speed machines are designed, manufactured, built and tested in Wrexham before being exported all over the world. Established for more than 20 years, the ambitious company prides itself on innovation, boasting a highly knowledgeable, expert and multicultural workforce who benefit from a friendly environment with a strong emphasis on individual autonomy, teamwork, and business involvement. Unimaq has exciting plans on the horizon including significant investment into facilities and product development, making this an exciting time to join the business.
So, what will the role of Mechanical Design Engineer entail?
Working as part of the Engineering Team and reporting to Senior Management, as Mechanical Design Engineer you will put your understanding of engineering design principles, such as materials specification, component design, geometrical tolerance and manufacturing processes to good use, whilst designing products that exceed customer expectations. Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Designing and developing mechanical products by studying customer requirements, researching manufacturing and assembly methods and materials
- Creating innovative design concepts and realising ideas into detailed technical drawings using SolidWorks
- Modifying existing designs and drawings using AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Researching and developing innovative ideas for new products and production systems
- Creating accurate BOMs and updating and maintaining information in the ERP system
- Performing on-site audits to capture data and act as the company representative
- Archiving electronic files and data management using the company PDM
- Ensuring document control procedure is adhered to
- Writing reports and presenting regular progress reports to Senior Management
What will I need in order to be considered for this Mechanical Design Engineer role?
- Proven experience of working as a design engineer with a solid understanding of precision machinery
- Superb IT skills with extensive knowledge of SolidWorks
- Creative problem-solving skills with the ability to generate new and exciting solutions
- Ability to work under pressure and on a number of projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal communication skills to effectively liaise across all departments
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously
Although not essential, the ability to communicate in other languages than English, along with electrical knowledge would be advantageous, as would experience with AutoCAD.
What will I receive in return?
You will be part of a friendly working environment where you will be encouraged to work as part of a team and independently on your own initiative.
Salary: Attractive, level dependent on experience.
Additional Benefits: Private pension, and healthcare cover after one years’ service
Contract type: Permanent
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm. Flexibility required to meet deadlines.
Location: Wrexham (North Wales). Very occasional worldwide travel to customer sites.
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Mechanical Design Engineer vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Unimaq. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Unimaq, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.jvpjobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.