Purchase Ledger Administrator - 20 hours p/w
We are looking for someone to join our purchase ledger team with a keen eye for detail, great communication skills and the ability to prioritise work load in a very busy department
Roles and responsibilities
• An Administrator will be given responsibility for a specific set of supplier accounts which may change from time-to-time as decided by the Finance Manager. On a daily basis, the administrator will be expected to deal with all aspects of these accounts, this responsibility will include but not be restricted to:
• Preparation of invoices and credit notes for processing;
• Invoice Scanning and Validation;
• Checking of Supplier Statements and following up on discrepancies to the outstanding amounts on the ledger;
• Monitoring unauthorised invoices, allocating these to the appropriate authoriser and working with that authoriser to ensure a prompt authorisation or that any queries are raised with the supplier in a prompt and efficient manner;
• Promptly dealing with all queries raised by any supplier;
• Reviewing balances on accounts for debit, overdue and unallocated payments and resolving such issues no later than 30 days from the date of the oldest transaction giving rise to such balance.
• Maintaining supplier accounts, including the set-up of new suppliers, amendments to existing details following the appropriate procedures and managing the status of active and inactive accounts.
• Preparing weekly and monthly BACS payment runs for authorisation, taking due care and attention to ensure that only properly authorised and due invoices are put forward for payment and relevant checks to detect duplicated invoices have been performed
• Requesting payment of non-sterling denominated invoices as such properly authorised invoices fall due for payment;
• Posting cashbook payments and receipts to the appropriate supplier account and allocating against the relevant invoices and credit notes.
• Provide support and guidance to all buyers and authorisers in PHS to allow them to properly perform their duties in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• In the absence of another administrator, each administrator will carry out the key daily tasks on the accounts which are usually managed by the absent administrator.
• Must have relevant experience in purchase ledger;
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
• Good communication skills and able to interact professionally with both internal and external customers;
• Able to prioritise work to meet the demands of a very busy department.