Senior Conference Producer
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Forum Business Media Ltd is a small, friendly and rapidly growing B2B subscription publisher and professional training company based in Twickenham. Its magazines and other information publications (both print and digital), together with its range of conferences, seminars and digital professional training (developed and delivered by Forum Training and RTA, are widely used by schools, care homes, charities, Early Years settings and dentists, among others.We work with clear objectives and make quick decisions to which our employees contribute. We also enjoy a constructive, warm team environment.
FBM is the UK subsidiary of the international Forum Media Group,which gives our employees the opportunity to work in an international environment and benefit from training and an exchange of experience and ideas within the group.
- To support the Assistant Managing Director with product development to deliver high quality market research and positive tests in new and existing markets
- To oversee the production of a portfolio of events
- To work with marketing to ensure that all marketing opportunities are taken and sales targets are hit or exceeded
- To develop and deliver profitable live and digital training products in new and existing markets
- An entrepreneurial ability to identify, research and quickly get to grips with trends and emerging problems in new markets that give rise to customer needs
- The creativity to develop must-have product concepts and the discipline to deliver them to budget and to schedule.
- A desire to break the mould and a flair for creating new kinds of products that solve customers’ problems and deliver the benefits that customers want.
- Numerical ability to define problems, collect data, analyse and establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Leadership potential and evidence of leadership skills, along with energy and enthusiasm - must find the work interesting, enjoy being accountable and willing to hold others accountable.
- Financial skills to plan and manage a budget, proactively seeking ways of reducing costs and understanding underlying trends.
- Excellent time management skills, highly organised and logical, able to tackle several simultaneous projects and organise a complex team workload by developing new processes and improving existing ones.
- Strong ability to negotiate with authors and other suppliers.
- IT-literate - an interest in new technologies and digital publishing/content.
The job is full-time and office-based, with travel to events, venues, overseas training and speaker meetings as necessary.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.