Head of Digital / Media Production : Twickenham area : up to £70k
Head of Digital / Media Production - Twickenham area - up to £70k
We are on the hunt for an experienced Digital expert, to Head up the digital / media production team, for one of our leading clients, a leading marketing & events company in Twickenham area.
Working within a fast moving and creative agency environment, you will work closely with all members of the Digital / Media team and will be responsible for the management of multiple projects ensuring delivery excellence within agreed deadlines and budgets. You will be responsible for reviewing and monitoring budgets for projects, providing financial status updates and overall accountability of project. The Head of Digital & Media Production is responsible for managing and continually improving the company`s relationship with client accounts; and through your knowledge and understanding of the goals and priorities of the client team, help to create & deliver regular, profitable, commercial opportunities for the company. A key element of the role will be building strong client relationships and the Head of Digital & Media Production will be required to attend senior level client meetings. The Head of Digital & Media Production needs to lead by example and be the day-to-day `go to` person for all issues relating to the department, whether from account management colleagues, production or creative staff… or from the client side.
Key Responsibilities - Leadership
• Represent and promote the company effectively at every opportunity; build trust within the client team
• Lead and mentor a team of creative designers, project managers, producers, directors, editors, developers, technical leads, scriptwriters and social media writers to deliver to the highest standards, pushing boundaries of digital technologies and innovation.
• Define individual goals for Digital Producers and handle their performance reviews and career development aspirations
• Be able to devise and implement strategies that benefit both clients and the company
• Persuasively explain the benefits of the agency`s solutions to clients
Key Responsibilities - Relationships
• Manage the team, currently a staff of fifteen producers, project managers, video editors and developers
• Assign projects and accounts to Digital Producers, matching needs and providing proper coverage
• Partner with Project Resourcing to identify and hire new talent, ensuring the department keeps pace with growing demand
• Work with Digital Producers to develop and approve scopes of work, schedules and pricing based on business and functional requirements.
• Contribute to the creative process by assessing feasibility of proposed solutions and recommending approaches.
• Develop a solid project management process for delivering world-class digital content on time and on budget Embrace, appreciate and display the client`s core values
• Seek ways to ensure that the supporting team - project and/or account management colleagues - consistently exceed customer expectations
• Be mindful of team morale
Key Responsibilities - Commercial & Financial
• Management and oversight of all production budgets, overseeing the full production team and regularly report on financial status to the Head of Finance or Board Directors.
Key Responsibilities - Pitching
• Participate in business development activities including developing scopes, schedules and estimates, and delivering pitches.
• Provide a clear picture of what the client expects and wants to achieve
• Sense-check our responses to briefs, always being available to help pitch our solutions to the client
Key Responsibilities - Managing
• Attend meetings with clients
• Contribute to the development of project schedules, and then help keep the client on schedule enabling the team to do their work smoothly and efficiently
• Select & appoint appropriate freelance & third party suppliers
• Support other members of the company in the performance of their duties, regardless of their position or role or location
• Actively assist all colleagues to create a positive perception of the company in all its markets
Key Performance Indicators
• Successful delivery of projects
• All projects delivered on time and on budget
• Excellent feedback from internal clients
• Client debriefs completed and learnings documented from each project
• Retained business
• Annual growth of the department
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Extensive experience as a Digital Producer or Project Manager in an agency or high-tech environment
• Proven ability to manage a large and growing department in a fast-paced environment
• Familiarity with defining and delivering business goals
• Proven ability to manage long-term, £multi-million engagements with multiple project teams
• Strong knowledge of digital development technologies, technology vendors and third party offerings
• Team leadership
• Knowledgeable and passionate about creative content delivery
• Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills… to people at all levels
• Commercially astute: high level of business and commercial awareness
• Capable summariser: able to distil the core needs in an opportunity and express these effectively
• Numerate: well able to develop and work with budgets
• Analytical: able to interpret data and develop robust, relevant assumptions
• Tight organisational and time management skills - generally equipped to operate as a qualified project manager
• Computer literate, with strong capability in Microsoft Office
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline welcomed but not essential