Purchase Ledger Assistant
My client is looking for an Accounts Payable Assistant to join their team to be fully responsible for the purchase ledger for all UK, Czech and Swiss entities.
My client is a technology company for Financial Services organisations based in Central London.
Full responsibility for the purchase ledger functions for all UK entities, Czech and Swiss to include:
- Sending invoices to relevant personnel for authorisation within a day of receipt, and entering details on the invoice register.
- Checking that returned invoices are correctly approved in accordance with the authorisation manual and logging the date received on the invoice register.
- Coding authorised invoices and input onto SAGE
- Producing two payment runs twice a month, and any urgent payments needed between those dates
- Accurately input supplier payments and allocate against relevant invoices, ensuring date allocated matches date paid
- Deal with all supplier queries in a timely manner, by letter and phone, to avoid payment demands and final notices
- Check supplier statements on receipt and request copy invoices where necessary
- Chase personnel at all levels for invoices that have been sent for authorisation and not returned
- Regular nominal ledger checks to ensure all entries are posted correctly, and any errors duly amended. This includes ensuring correct nominal codes and department numbers are used, and checking pre-payment entries (including reconciliation each month). Errors will be corrected by posting nominal journals where necessary.
- Monthly creditors control account reconciliation with detailed creditors listing, and investigate any differences.
- Maintaining the Purchase Invoice email in-box and ensuring that all emails are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Assist credit control manager with chasing overdue client invoices by email and phone on a daily basis.
The successful candidate will have previous experience working in an Accounts Payable function, preferably with Sage 200 accounting experience but it's not a necessity.
Up to £24,000 + benefits