MacAndrews UK Limited has an exciting opportunity for a Cost Controller to join their team based in Liverpool. You will work full time as part of a fixed term contract up to 6 months and receive a highly competitive salary + Benefits.
MacAndrews is the specialist in Intra European door to door multimodal solutions. A niche operator in the transport of perishable goods, MacAndrews offers its customers a value added service providing bespoke logistics solutions to their particular problems.
The role - Cost Controller
The Cost Controller will be responsible for processing all incoming costs for a wide range of Suppliers against agreed contracts and rates MacAndrews have agreed. You will also be responsible for updating customers Tracking Portals so they have live information of where there shipments are in the supply chain process.
Main Responsibilities of our Cost Controller
- Provide exceptional customer service for all general telephone / e-mail enquiries
- To process all supplier invoices for end of month payment so suppliers are paid on time and in line with our contractual obligation
- Liaise with Accounts & Head Office regarding any differences in accrued costs
- Net and capture any overcharges or differences- requesting credits where necessary or providing costs to correct department/agency for recovery
- Calculate all Quay Rent & Demurrage costs, at Company Tariff, from Port invoicing while logging and providing costs to correct department/agency for recovery
- Query any overcharges/discrepancies with suppliers
- Update Vessel Control Document from TDR’s provided by Agents
- To chase all queries/credits for resolution by month end
- Ensure Departmental deadlines are met
- Update Customers Tracking Portals so they have Live Information
- Maintain strong relationship with Imports, Exports, Key Accounts, Specialised Cargo & Transport
- Check system rates to make sure correct amounts are being recovered to cover costs
- Identify additional costs incurred which are not manifested and instruct correct Department/Agency to recover
- Process VGM Reports monthly
Our Cost Controller will need the following Skills and Experience
- Attention to detail & Excellent communication skills
- Shipping experience desirable
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Experience of working in a customer service based environment
- Excellent computer literacy skills - Excel & Outlook
- Educated to GCSE level/equivalent qualification (Grade C or above in English, Mathematics, Science) or equivalent experience accepted
As our Cost Controller you will be required to work 35 hours per week and in addition to your competitive salary you will receive 25 days annual leave (pro-rata) plus bank holidays, Company Health Plan, Life Assurance, Group Pension, non-guaranteed bonus scheme.
Closing date for applications: Midnight on Wednesday 7th February 2018
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Cost Controller then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79868384