Senior Civil Systems Engineer
Senior Civil Systems Engineer
Location: Wylfa, North Wales
Salary: £356.50 p/day Ltd
Job Type: Contract - Full Time
Duration: 12 Month Contract
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Please note that the client has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- To provide a focal point of engineering expertise and ownership for a portfolio of assigned plant systems and/or assets with higher nuclear, radiological, environmental or business significance.
- Deliver a comprehensive engineering service to customers and stakeholders, maintaining long term safety, performance, reliability, material condition and compliance.
- A Senior System Engineer will provide more complex engineering solutions to higher profile projects, underpinned by a high level of technical knowledge and experience.
- Provide the focal point and ownership for a portfolio of assigned systems and/or assets.
- Maintain an engineering strategy for the assigned systems and/or assets to deliver long term health.
- Make recommendations for system and/or asset investments.
- Carry out and record routine system walk downs.
- Record, trend and analyse system performance monitoring data as appropriate and take the necessary corrective actions.
- Maintain a system file.
- Specify the necessary periodic maintenance routines and spares holdings to meet regulatory, compliance and performance requirements and ensure satisfactory completion.
- Maintain a good overall knowledge of the safety case as it applies to the assigned systems and know the functional requirements, key limits and conditions for safe operation.
- Produce and/or approve relevant documentation for assigned systems such as Technical Specifications, Work Instructions, Method Statements, Plant Item Operating Instructions, Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments.
- Produce and Manage modification proposals and act as the Nominated Responsible Engineer (NRE) for plant modifications.
- Act as a consultant for projects undertaken on assigned system providing proactive technical support and ensuring smooth handovers to and from projects.
- Deputise for Section Head when required.
- As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence
- Comply with the site's Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments and support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality standards.
- Work flexibly within the team and support and mentor other System Engineers in order to optimise the safe delivery of all specified Lifetime Plan activities to the required quality, time and cost parameters.
- Carry out timely investigation of events and review on-site and off-site events via the Operational Experience Feedback process, ensuring that relevant learning points are applied to assigned systems.
- Undertake delegated responsibility for the Design Authority and site intelligent customer when required.
- Undertake emergency scheme duties when required.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.