Business Compliance Officer
- To assist on the company’s Business Compliance requirements including ISO implementation and management, corrective action learning, document management, and information management and delivery of business targets.
- To interrogate and critically evaluate current systems, processes and records around construction, Logistics, environmental, and H&S compliance.
- To assist the compliance department for ISO processes, maximising operational efficiency for the business through effective planning, implementation, recording and reviewing business processes.
- Implement process, linking to the corporate strategy, more specifically within Fleet, Plant, Waste, and H&S and logistics
- To manage the waste, environmental, plant and fleet arrangements, procedures and compliance, ensuring legislative, operational, commercial and contractual obligations and requirements are maintained.
- To assist with the integration of new outsourced fleet arrangement.
- Assist with the management of the sub-contractor compliance procedure, ensuring sub-contractors within the supply chain hold the necessary accreditations, insurances and health and safety compliance.
- To maintain all necessary compliance files, records and documents for Business Quality and compliance requirements.
- To assist in the preparation, planning, and implementation of the Learning and Development needs of the team.
- To assist with delivery of Safe working practices in the business area and promote a positive health and safety culture throughout the business.
- Assist the Management Team to identify and develop new initiatives and take advantage of business opportunities available to the company.
- To carry out such other duties and responsibilities as are consistent with the concept of the role.
- To promote and uphold the company’s vision values and aspirations.
- Have knowledge of HMS’s Corporate Objectives and promote its values and focuses at all times.
- To understand and promote key business priorities and performance indicators.
- Communicate openly and positively with customers.
- To understand the importance of equality and diversity and to promote the equality and diversity within HMS, both as an employer and a service provider.
- Support the continuous improvement of quality management practices and systems.
- Comply at all times with all HMS policies and relevant legislation including Data Protection, Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety and Expenses and ensure compliance by all team members.
- Carry out appropriate Risk Management by adhering to the HMS Risk Framework and contributing to risk identification, assessment and control exercises.
Education and Qualifications
Degree or equivalent professional qualification
GCSE (or equivalent standard) Maths and English.
NVQ Level 3 in Business, IT or similar related Qualification
NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a people management discipline.
Evidence of continuing professional development.
IOSH Health and Safety Qualification.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
Confident oral and written communicator
Relevant experience working within a large repair and maintenance organisation.
Good working knowledge of scheduling software and how to maximise the use of appointment systems such as Opti-time or equivalent
Experience of using a computerised system including [Word, Excel, Outlook,]
Confident in use of PDA or similar handheld devices
Full UK or EU driving license.
Experienced in managing people and driving performance
Proficient in the use of performance and Housing software such as Orchard, Direct Works, Business Objects and Covalent
Familar with the use of Schedule of Rates and SMV’s as a tool for driving output and performance of a directly employed mobile work force
Experience of ISO and QA practices.
Proven track record of improving operational efficiency with business process techniques.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960034207