Established in 2001, Our client are the NHS Innovation Experts working predominantly across the North West of England.
Our client provides advisory and consultancy services for NHS, Academia and Commercial Organisations. As an innovation management service, they assist in identifying, protecting and exploiting healthcare innovations and their associated intellectual property. They work with the NHS to protect and commercialize their intellectual property and also work with companies in the healthcare sector to help them to develop their products to meet the needs of the NHS. The aim is to make available new technology or services to diagnose and treat patients, leading to better care and outcomes.
Our client generates income from NHS Trust membership fees and also from its commercial, project management and programme activities with companies and other funders (including UK Government and International bodies).
Our client is based at a new and prestigious life sciences innovation centre, based on the Central Manchester Hospital campus just off Oxford Road, they also have offices in Liverpool and Daresbury.
Our client has an ever increasing base of knowledge distributed across a series of data repositories within the business. The initial challenge for this role is to create a new methodology for mining this data to enable the business to gain business opportunity from the knowledge base. Currently searching processes are largely manual and time consuming.
You will be required to map the data architecture for the business, understand the data repositories and build a front end business intelligence toolset enabling the team to search for information automatically. This may involve the development of a centralized data warehouse with an interactive front end or an alternative methodology you believe would enable the business best for the future. Longer term this may also involve the changing of core systems such as CRM to deliver a sharper front end.
The ability to manage data effectively is considered a key differentiator for the business and this role is central to the companies long term growth strategy.Attributes
A personal interest in the ongoing success of the NHS and an understanding of the medical world they operate within would be very desirable.
We are looking for a true all rounder to optimize the management of our data and turn that into real productivity and ultimately profit for the business.
Regular experience of database design and using database schemas to document logical design and workflows.
Presentation skills required to deliver clear explanation of strategy and technical change to all layers of the organisation.
Database Analyst skills would be an ideal foundation to your experience aligned with strong development skills in the latest SME database tools:
- SQL experience including database integration and design.
- SQL, PL-SQL, T-SQL Stored Procedures and query optimization.
- Experience with software development (commercial or academic) with Java/jQuery/HTML/CSS
- Scrum and Agile methodology experience
- Interpersonal skills are key attributes to this role and to our clients' culture:
- Well organised, self-motivated, and able to successfully work under tight project deadlines.
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal (to elicit clear requirements and communicate solutions)
- Able to work well as part of a team, but also to be self-motivated when working alone
- Document existing practices & data schemas.
- Build a picture of the requirements from stakeholders within the business
- Design front end solutions that leverage the data in the business & accelerate the process of data mining
- Develop the tool set required to deliver your signed off vision
- Identify & deliver new ways of leveraging our data to financially benefit the business & our NHS partners
- Continually ensure our methods of data management are a differentiator for the business
Education & Qualifications
- Degree level – relevant subject
- Database programming
- Database design
- Database development
Skills & Abilities
- Define regular milestones & deliver on them
- Business intelligence development
- CRM tools
- Confidence & self-motivation
- Continuous improvement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77922486