2nd Line End User Services Engineer
Job title: 2nd line End User Services Engineer
Salary: To £28K
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large and established IT Organisation on a challenging and complex client site. You will be either a very experienced 1st Line Engineer with Windows 7/10 experience who is seeking to move into 2nd line, OR a 2nd Line Desktop Engineer who is seeking a complex and rewarding environment to move into. Your experience must cover hardware and software support. Please note, the successful candidate must be eligible for and willing to undergo SC and an advanced security clearance.
Delivery of the core IT services to the client across the three core sites and beyond. This includes maintenance of IT infrastructure, technical support and management for any project related work within a managed service environment. Sopra Steria also provides support to complex and bespoke technical applications. Where required support for 1st line Service Desk.
- First-line and Second-line software and hardware support (PC’s, laptops, peripherals, printers)
- Maintain high level of communication with the users throughout the business by open communication
- Build, configure and troubleshoot desktop and laptop systems to corporate specifications
- Respond to incident requests, internal works orders and other queries assigned via the Service Management tool
- Resolve daily issues that impact the sites, teams and users
- Install, configure and maintain network printers
- Installing and supporting remote access connections
- Installation of encryption software and carrying out the challenge / response process as required
- Adding users to Active Directory software groups
- Patching of network outlets at desks.
- Alignment to processes for collection, assetting, cleansing and disposal of redundant hardware assets
- Conform to all secure media handling processes and policies
- Close liaison with other internal resolver groups to ensure service delivery meets customer requirements
- Knowledge of Wireless Networks, Client End Support.
Essential skills & experience
- Desktop experience at a second-line level in a complex IT support environment.
- Windows 7,10 and Microsoft applications
- Office 2010/2013, SharePoint 2010/2013, Outlook 2010/2013.
- Understanding of Thin Client environments.
- Knowledge of Citrix and VMWare.
- Good understanding of LAN/WAN technologies, systems management and monitoring tools.
- Experience in a customer focused environment.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- SC Cleared or eligible
- DV Cleared
- ITIL Foundation
EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY: Sopra Steria, a European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end-to-end service offerings on the market: consulting, systems integration, software development, infrastructure management and business process services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public-sector organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges. Combining high quality and performance services, added value and innovation, Sopra Steria enables its clients to make the best use of digital technology.
With over 38,000 employees in more than 20 countries and revenue of €3.6 billion in 2015, this is a great time to join the organisation as you will be pivotal to our continued development and growth plans. We’re offering you the opportunity to do more too - using your business skills and knowledge, and your creativity, to add more value than clients would traditionally expect.
About this Company
On offer is the opportunity to work for a European leader in digital transformation. The roles come with competitive salaries, the opportunity for further development and the potential for a wide and diverse career within Sopra Steria.
Sopra Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.