2nd Line Support Engineer
Working for a fantastic IT outsourcing and managed services provider. With a friendly, motivated team who offer a mix of forward-thinking IT solutions, managed services and hosting. Practical, cost effective and the right choice for SMEs.
Do you have a real passion for technology? Are you a dedicated and hardworking candidate looking for an exciting opportunity which will enable you to grow and develop your career and skills?
We are looking for an experienced IT support technician who has the determination and hunger to succeed. You will be joining a great company who take pride in supporting and developing their staff. You will be someone who calm, collective and confident and be very technically minded with around 4/5 years’ experience.
The candidate will have (ideally) the following key experiences either commercially or at home:
- Windows Client Machines (Windows 7, 8,10)
- Windows Server
- ADSL Routers, Firewalls, Switches and Wireless
- PC hardware, troubleshooting and installation
- Office Suite
- Active Directory
- DNS, DHCP
- Email client configuration and management (Exchange, POP, IMAP)
- Apple Mac and OSX
- Office 365
What is a typical day as an IT Support Consultant?
- Logging tickets and understand the nature of clients problems
- Working on the helpdesk receiving telephone and email requests from clients as well as making call-backs
- Providing remote support using our RMM (Remote Monitoring and Management) system
- Travelling to site to carry out support work where required (usually daily) across the South-East and London
- Monitoring backup systems and their status
- Monitoring configuration and policy adjustments
- Performing proactive maintenance and projects - or making recommendations
- Managing tickets and jobs, maintaining accurate notes, paperwork and documentation
- Installations and small projects
- What the client would really desire
Other than the required skills, my client is looking for someone who is eager to learn and develop an exciting and successful career with them. It is vital to them that the successful candidate not only works well in a team but fits in well with this team. Team moral and job satisfaction is key!
So, what’s in it for you?
- An exciting career path
- Working for an organisation that values its employees
- 20 days holiday
- Group activities include Boat trips, meals out etc.
- 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:30
Now over to you….
If you think this IT Support role is perfect for you, we look forward to hearing from you! Please do get in touch today!!!