Our client is a well-established manufacturing company based in the Swansea are. Due to their growth, they are seeking an experienced Toolmaker to work in a busy tool room servicing press tools, assembly jigs and fixtures.
As a Toolmaker you must be able to read engineering drawings, be able to use a wide variety of measuring equipment and can operate tool room equipment such as lathes, milling machines and surface grinders. Knowledge of CNC and EDM wire cutting would also be a distinct advantage. Main duties:
* To repair, maintain, modify and improve a wide range of press tooling from 25 to 250 tonne presses.
* Ensure all work is undertaken to a high-quality standard and adheres to all quality standard regulations.
* Ensure company targets are met in respect of quality of parts produced
* Consistently satisfy and exceed production targets.
* Follow closely all the relevant Work Procedures.
* Ensure the safety and productivity of the workstation is maintained.
* Contribute to the effectiveness of the company through continuous improvement.
* MUST be time served or have a recognised apprenticeship as a Toolmaker, Die Maintenance Technician, Machining Technician or equivalent or have several years' experience in one of these roles.
* Understanding of engineering drawings
* Understanding manufacturing processes
* Knowledge of measurement equipment
* Able to work both alone and as part of a team
* Numerate and able to write reports
* Good communication skills
* Mechanical aptitude
* Able to work with minimum supervision and to timescales
* Good mechanical and engineering knowledge
* Health and Safety issues and codes of practice relevant to the industry