This role is a newly created role, within a B2B software organisation. The FD will be responsible for financial and commercial leadership, supporting the MD in continuing to grow the business both organically and potentially through acquisition.
The ideal candidate will hold an ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification. You will have held senior business partnering and commercial roles within a growing software business. You will have a proven track record of recruiting and developing high calibre teams. You will have also had exposure to M&A activity, including integration and standardisation of processes and systems. The candidate will be flexible in approach and focussed on outcomes, with a high degree of attention to detail and as working as part of a close-knit team.
- Finance and commercial business partnering
- Experience in software or related industry ideal
- M&A experience - both acquisition/due diligence/commercial, and subsequent integration
- Excellent Analytical and Reporting skills
- Implementing new commercial and pricing structures, e.g. moving a business to a SaaS model
- Roll out or migration to new financial systems (incl. ERP, BI)
- Flexibility to adapt and develop within a changing environment in a growing business
- Commercial awareness
- Works effectively under pressure, agile in approach to requirements from the business and ability to manage stakeholder expectations
- Polished communicator at all levels
- Attention to detail, taking pride in work and take responsibility for delivering quality accurate analysis
- Team Player, proactive and happy to get hands dirty