Software Development Manager / Big Data Infrastructure
Software Development Manager / Big Data
Central London / Milton Keynes
Are you a hands on development manager? Do you have a background in Java? Do you want to work for an iconic and renowned brand? If yes, don't wait - apply now!
A large retail company is looking to bring on board a hands on Software Development Manager with hands on Java expertise and experience.
In this role you will manage and mentor functional or specialised /technical software development team(s) and individuals who build and support-leading edge software platforms across various retail and e-commerce software functions. These platforms are critical to differentiate my client as leaders in the modern technology-led digital world
You will be also responsible for team(s) technical platform design and implementation ensuring that software platforms are performant to department standards and scalable using modern methods of distributed load balancing and computation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a large scale and exciting transformation project within a leading and recognised organisation.
Key Skills & Experience
As the preferred candidate, you'll ideally have experience in the following...
Hands on software development and technical expertise in Java
- Experience leading software development professionals in a devops environment or high tech company
- Record of developing and delivering large scale, distributed or complex scale platforms
- Advanced knowledge of a coding language such as Java, Python
- Current knowledge of database and ORM technologies such as Hibernate, Oracle, MongoDB
- Big Data - Kafka, Hadoop, Kylan, Spark
- Middleware - IBM WBM and WMQ
- Languages Java, Python
- Experience with performing technical analysis on different technology design and implementation options
- Leading a development team of 10+
If you're interested, apply now to avoid disappointment!