Senior Corporate Account Handler
With 80 local offices, over 2000 team members and over 100,000 clients, Towergate Insurance Brokers has the largest footprint and biggest salesforce in the UK. We’re community brokers and risk experts backed by the scale and spirit of the UK’s largest independent broker. We’ve got big ambitions for the future - join us for the journey and make your mark on the local community.
To assist and carry out insurance administration as required. To provide day-to-day servicing, and administration of Clients’ insurance programmes in a timely, technically accurate and cost effective manner, in accordance with procedure and performance standards.
Principal Objectives & Responsibilities
- To provide broking and administrative services to clients, confining advice and information to those areas in which the jobholder is deemed competent, otherwise seeking advice as appropriate. Including but not limited to:
- Giving instructions to insurance providers.
- Checking policy documents (including endorsements) for accuracy prior to receipt by clients.
- To handle the invoicing of premiums due, maintaining effective credit control in respect of allocated clients.
- To process correspondence, renewals, pre-renewal activity, quotations and computer input.
- Ensuring that all post and diary activity is completed on a daily basis.
- Manage own files as per local procedures.
- To collate and prepare reports for both client and insurer market.
- To understand client’s situation, opportunities and problems and design of appropriate solutions.
- Ensure where possible, premiums are settled in accordance with company credit control procedures.
- Expand existing client portfolio to include additional covers and to produce new business leads for sales teams.
- To assist in ensuring that all post and diary activity is completed daily in accordance with the local procedures and performance standards.
- To assist in team performance by regular communication with colleagues and manager to establish and raise concerns and provide solutions
- Contribute to the technical knowledge of the Company by feeding back technical and commercial market intelligence.
- To undertake training in line with agreed objectives and keep up to date with technical, legal and market developments via continued professional development
- To conduct the business of the Company at all times in a courteous and efficient manner.
- The jobholder will, at various times, act for the insured and insurer. The jobholder will be responsible for adhering to all the Group's procedures and policies in relation to the identification and management of potential conflicts of interest and for the fair treatment of customers, and will ensure they follow the systems and controls operating to ensure that this is the case.
- To ensure compliance with local procedures, customer service standards and external compliance regulations, e.g. FCA
- To undertake any other task as may reasonably be required by the Company
Key Performance Indicators
- Team consistently meets or exceeds all daily, weekly and monthly objectives
- Adherence to the organisation’s policies ensuring that appropriate documents/records are maintained and submitted as required and on time
- Efficiency measures to be delivered as per targets with Line Manager
- Ensure a compliant service is delivered to customers and non-adherence is dealt with in line with regulatory and company procedure
- Manage own personal development
- A comprehensive, time served, account handling background with experience of corporate clients in all the main classes of insurance, preferably in an Insurance Broker environment
- Self motivated with desire to meet and / or exceed targets set
- Ability to apply a high level of self-management
- Enthusiasm and passion for strong customer service
- Strong analytical, verbal and written skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent negotiation skills and abilities
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- ACII Qualified or progress towards same