Teaching Assistants Required for schools in Sunderland
SEN and Behaviour Support Specialists Required in Sunderland
Experienced in working with challenging behaviour in schools?
Supported pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health?
Looking for positions in Alternate/Referral Units in and around Sunderland?
Teaching Personnel are the UK's leading education staffing provider, a nationwide company, with a large, established local presence. We offer a vast amount of varied work to teachers every day; short term, day to day, emergency cover, medium term to long term positions and permanent placements. All of our teachers and support staff benefit from exclusive CPD courses through our CPD Academy.
At Teaching Personnel we work with a number schools with specialist behavioural units. We are looking for Teaching/Support Assistants in the Sunderland area who are:
- Confident working with children who can present extreme emotional and behavioural problems, among other SEN.
- Able to react quickly and de-escalate unpredictable situations calmly
- Calm with an empathetic nature with the ability to relate to children who may demonstrate extreme behaviours
- Forward thinking and flexible to adapt to various situations
- Experienced with challenging behaviour
What you can expect:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Opportunities for continual professional development
- To work in a challenging but highly rewarding school with a supportive SLT
Ideally, you will have your own transport. We are looking for an individual who can establish a good working relationship with the school and also with Teaching Personnel for continuing success.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to jobs through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure (Child Workforce Only) via the DBS - Full assistance provided (AGY).
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.