Contract Duration: 12 Months
IR35 Status: Inside
Interview date for this role will be 1st March 2018 at Trent Bridge House and no alternative dates will not be offered.
Key tasks and deliverables
Client is seeking a contractor for a period of up to 12 months to assist in defining, designing, and building the information architecture for a major new cloud infrastructure based on Microsoft O365 and Azure
Essential skills for the successful candidate include:
- Understanding of Information Management and Security within Azure and O365 including understanding various features available
- Prior experience working in information governance – e.g. completing PIAs, information risk assessments, understanding of document and data classification levels, risk mitigation methodologies etc.
- Prior experience of managing information governance / information data structures during email migration projects, sharepoint migration projects, and file store migration projects
Desirable skills for the successful candidate include:
- Prior experience working in a public sector environment – ideally local government or health authority
- 10 years experience working in an Architecture / Design post with certifications relevant to the role advertised (e.g. CISSP).
- Detailed technical understanding of Microsoft Azure – especially the considerations that need to be made when moving from a wholly owned on premise environment to a shared cloud environment
- Detailed technical understanding of Microsoft O365 – including an in depth understanding of the considerations that need to be taken regards email, sharepoint, and file storage when moving from an on premise implementation to O365
- Good documentation skills – evidence of this will be sought
- Good presentation skills – including ability to tune a presentation to the particular audience
- Able to work independently
- You will be expected to be able to make decisions about Azure and O365 information governance on the fly and be able to defend and explain those decisions to various technical and non-technical stakeholders. You will face-off to MS experts in meetings and your decisions will have a material impact on how the Council use the cloud based environments they migrate into. The Council has over 120 separate applications most of which will move into Azure or O365 so this is a significant information governance risk and thus needs to be appropriately managed – the mitigation of this risk will be your role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960167918