Interim Tax Accountant - Fantastic Business
An industry leading Entertainment/ Media business in the Sevenoaks area is currently looking for an In-House VAT / Tax Assistant to join their prestigious organisation. This is a great opportunity to expand on your current knowledge, get a big brand name on your CV and they are looking for somebody on a 3-4 month contract!
Reporting into the Tax Manager based near Sevenoaks, you will be responsible for providing timely, accurate reporting for VAT transactions and other tax reporting. This will be a fast-paced position with the opportunity to get involved in a variety of different tasks.
- Collection, collation and review of financial information for preparation of indirect tax returns and filings
- Preparing quarterly UK VAT returns for review by the Indirect Tax Manager
- Researching and responding to basic indirect tax queries from other departments/other members of the finance team; assisting the Indirect Tax Manager in the resolution of more complex queries
- Performing periodic sample checks to ensure that tax-relevant procedures are being correctly followed (e.g. checking samples of purchase invoices, sales invoices and expense entries for correct VAT coding)
- Collection, review and provision of information to external advisors preparing overseas VAT returns
- Assisting in the preparation of corporate tax returns and of year-end tax reporting schedules for the Group's annual statutory audit
- Collecting, reviewing and preparing information for the Group's various employment tax related filings (P11Ds; PSA)
The successful candidate will have experience of compiling information for VAT returns and associated information (eg; Intrastat and EC sales data). You must also have an awareness of fundamental VAT rules and be able to communicate effectively with other staff members. On top of this, you will need a good working knowledge of using Microsoft Excel (e.g. V-look-ups, Pivot tables etc)
£20-£25 per hour
£35,000- £45,000 FTE