My exclusive SME client based Near Chester is currently looking to appoint a Financial Controller with strong business acumen who is motivated to look for continuous improvement opportunities. The role reports directly to the MD and will provide oversight of both the Finance operations and Management information.
The opportunity will suit an individual who can thrive on the challenges and opportunities that being part of an SME business that are planning for ambitious growth presents and will also be a key member of the wider management team interacting with the Directors and operational team on a day to day basis.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of a small finance team ensuring that all deliverables are completed to high quality and in a timely manner and will require interaction with both internal and external contacts, including customers and suppliers.
Responsibilities of the role include;
* Management and mentoring of a small finance team.
* Preparation of accurate and timely monthly management accounts, including ownership of balance sheet reconciliations and cash management.
* Preparation of annual budget.
* Liaising with external accountants over the preparation of annual accounts and corporation tax.
* Building relationships with other professional advisors and financial institutions.
* Ensuring financial compliance obligations are met particularly in all HMRC aspects.
* Working with internal teams to provide accurate project reporting to ensure project profitability.
* Manage relations with the external IT support company
* Management of Company insurance arrangements
The individual will need to be self-motivated with exceptional interpersonal skills and must be suited to a culture which is entrepreneurial, fast paced and value driven.
This role will offer significant opportunity for progression and promotion.
ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified would be preferable although candidates qualified by experience will also be considered.