Principal Software Developer
Software Engineering Lead/Principal Software Engineer – Manchester
Looking For Something Different From You Career??
Who are we…
We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, national security and commercial markets. At Raytheon, innovation means helping to protect people, information and critical resources across the globe. We continue to develop game changing technologies that help make the world a safer place.
About the role…
We have a number of fantastic opportunities to join our expanding Software Development Team. You will be working alongside some of the world's leading experts in the cyber security and intelligence fields, contributing to developing solutions using the latest technologies and working alongside world class partner organisations.
As an experienced software engineer you will be tasked with developing and maintaining mission critical applications and systems. Key responsibilities of this role will include:-
- Developing product functionality, user interfaces and performance improvements
- Documenting designs and advising on product support material
- Investigate product issues and develop solutions to customer issues
- Develop test plans and methodologies to ensure developed products meet Raytheon quality standards.
- Be involved in, committed to and part of the continuous improvement of software applications and systems.
What we are looking for in you…
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking for something different from their career. Raytheon's ambition is to provide an environment that is more silicon valley than security and defence. We want to encourage individual innovation and progression that is both exciting and rewarding, avoiding the dull 'beige' of the standard information security companies.
If you are looking for a role and a team that will challenge you to achieve success for our customers then providing you have the skills and the ability to achieve Government clearance, we want to hear from you today.
Desirable Skills: -
- Experience in Java application development.
- Experience of application development using Java orientated middleware, for example, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, Apache Camel
- Experience of software application development utilizing RDBMS (e.g. Oracle/MySQL) and/or unstructured persistence layers, e.g. ElasticSearch, MongoDB
- Proficient in Linux as a development and deployment platform
- Experience in secure development techniques and tools that produce secure systems.
- An understanding of virtualisation (e.g. VMWare and Hyper-V).
- Experience of scripting languages; Perl, Python, ruby
- Experience of PKI and encryption techniques.
- Experience of Big Data Analytics and Visualization
- Working in an Agile / SCRUM /Devops delivery model,
What we can offer you…
- Up to 10.5% Company Pension contribution
- 6 times salary Life assurance
- 25 days holiday rising to 26 & 27 with 2 & 5 years service
- Flexible Benefits
- Half Day Friday
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Support in training and opportunities to achieve recognised qualifications
- Opportunities and to be involved in tech and market specific events and conferences
- Annual bonus scheme and individual bonus on achievement of high level security clearance
- Competitive salaries and annual salary reviews
- The opportunity to make a huge impact and develop your career in a rapidly expanding business
- Breakout area, free soft drinks, snacks and fruit (for the health conscious)
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960144211