Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Job title: Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: Market rates
Location: South West England
We are expanding the Cloud team on this large IT site and have a new opportunity for an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to be responsible for the delivery and maintenance of the Microsoft Windows Servers and Desktop based Operating Systems and associated applications across all Cloud / Hybrid Cloud Desktop services within the scope of the Sopra Steria Desktop Service contract. You will be resolving incidents, building new components, cloud services and implementing changes. You should be capable of obtaining and maintaining government security clearance for this opportunity.
- Liaise with external agencies to resolve issues with 3rd party Domains where Sopra Steria is responsible for the Wintel Support
- Building Microsoft Windows based Servers using the Microsoft suite of deployment tools
- Building and maintaining Cloud, Hybrid Cloud and on premise infrastructures
- Managing / monitoring of Cloud based boundary protection products
- Recommend improvements to existing on premise and cloud based infrastructures
- Update and administration of any changes to Configuration Items (CI)
- Document procedures and review/update on a bi-annual basis as necessary or upon direction from Team Leaders
- Carry out preventative maintenance and monitoring using Customer provided tools
- Work in a disciplined and structured manner in accordance with ITIL based service management processes
- Attend client facing meetings
- Develop and maintain customer and third party relationships
- Ensure the Team leads are aware of any issues within the scope of the environments that are supported by Sopra Steria
- Proactive problem management
- Vocational/Diploma/Associate Degree (technical field) or relevant demonstrable experience with experience as a Wintel support engineer
- Current Microsoft Window Server Operating system, including but not limited to Window Server 2016 & 2012 R2,
- Detailed understanding of User Management in Microsoft Windows environments
- Microsoft Hyper-V and associated technologies
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) deployment and management
- PowerShell scripting
- Familiarity with the Microsoft System Centre suite of products, including but not limited to SCCM, SCOM, SCVMM
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise tenants / multi-tenant environments
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory (AD) and AD group policy management
- Practical understanding of Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- Experience of cloud technologies, specifically Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Knowledge and experience of cloud based virtual networking and network security products (virtual switches, routers and
- Strong communication, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Strong customer service skills, focused upon meeting customer needs.
- Complex service delivery experience, preferably in a Multi-Vendor environment.
- Knowledge and experience with ITSM/ITIL V3 Reference model.
- Knowledge and experience of Pull-Print enterprise topology and deployments
- Knowledge of PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- Building and deploying SCCM packages
- An understanding of Enterprise Endpoint Security products such as AV, Application & Device control and Bitlocker
- An understanding of Microsoft SQL server administration
- A working knowledge of the management / fault rectification of recent versions of Microsoft SharePoint
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure Stack
- knowledge of physical Network security products such as McAfee Web Gateway, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Advance
- Threat Detection (ATD), firewall appliances, Denial of Service (DoS) products & procedures, Network Intrusion Prevention
- Systems (NIPS) and Network Intrusion Detection (NID)
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end to end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
Sopra Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.
Find out more
Visit the Sopra Steria website and Sopra Steria LinkedIn company page.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959730503