TheProcess Technician is required to join this market leading employer based in the King’s Lynn area. The successful candidate will support the analysis and optimisation of the factory performance in order to deliver the site’s operational plan.
Reporting to the Process Manager, the role involves operating all processing related plant within an operational area of the factory in a manner that satisfies production, quality, safety and all other compliance requirements.
Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this role and are strongly encouraged.
WORKING PATTERNS & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Competent to analyse factory area performance data and recommend appropriate remedial action to ensure achievement of budget throughput, energy, extraction, process chemical usage and product quality
- Carry out minor engineering based repairs on plant and equipment as appropriate and skilled to do
- During maintenance periods, undertake a full range of maintenance activities (aligned with the planned schedule of work and the individual’s skills/accountabilities) as well as planning, testing and commissioning plant in readiness for operations
- Operate the plant in a safe and compliant manner during start-up, shut down, normal and abnormal operations
- Engage in continuous improvement activities to support the incremental development of processing efficiency, cost control, safety and environmental improvement
- Involvement in specific safety improvement work through direct or in-direct support of the site’s Safety Improvement Plan Teams
- Competent to receive a range of permits to work
- Demonstrate the highest personal Health and Safety standards at all times and work effectively with other team members to carry out the tasks safely and effectively
- Act in accordance with the client’s values and behaviours
The role involves shift working during processing periods, controlling operational parameters in order to maintain products within specified parameters, as well as solving operational issues through knowledge and experience. The role requires working on plant and equipment (roving) as well as control room operations through competently managing the distributed control system.
During non-operational periods the role engages in maintenance activities on the site.
- Work in partnership with the Shift Performance Manager and other shift & day based technicians to control and operate plant in order to maintain product within specified quality parameters
- Solve operational issues through their technical knowledge and skills along with practical fault finding using a standardised tools and techniques
- Carry out inspection routes on process plant and their operations in line with site standards and requirements. React to findings using knowledge and experience and deal with the issues accordingly
- Advise and support process operators on actions required to ensure delivery of product within specified parameters and throughputs.
- Support shift process technicians to understand relevant process targets to deliver operational requirements, provide support to the duty Shift Performance Manager enabling the delivery of performance across site with reference to energy, extraction, throughput, yield and chemicals usage
- Work in partnership with the Process Manager to define and communicate best practice through standard operating procedures based on the immediate and short term processing environment
- Provide day-to-day operational support to the Shift Performance Manager to enable the achievement of objectives and the delivery of the operational plan
- Support the development of the on-site operations team by acting as the process subject matter expert and transferring knowledge through training, exercises and events
- Support the implementation of approved capital projects to reduce the cost base, maintain personal and food safety, and ensure legal compliance
- Support Defect Elimination (DE) processes with Process Manager/CI team for process related issues, DE outputs, and action plans in order to maximise the capability of the operations of the site.
Shift – Ability to make decisions to ensure safe and compliant operation of plant and equipment.
Responsible for specific detailed knowledge of one of the process unit areas of site operations with operational knowledge of the remaining areas.
Analyse factory performance data and recommend appropriate remedial action to ensure achievement of budget throughput, energy, extraction, process chemicals and product quality.
Days – Act as a technical authority on product processing / downstream products on site, to ensure the best operational decisions are made.
Influences scope challenge and sign-off activities with respect to process reliability opportunities through engineering work.
Some influence exists in respect of the application of thought leadership and relevant tools (e.g. lean manufacturing, 6 Sigma, continuous improvement techniques) to avoid waste, and improve efficiency, optimisation and capacity.
Energy – The Process Technician will be a practical authority on Low Green to Ethanol processing on site and will contribute to the best operational decisions being made.
There will be responsibility for specific detailed knowledge of one of two areas of plant operations (Bioethanol or Resin Separation plants) with working knowledge of the remaining area.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- IOSH Working Safely
- Comprehensive technical knowledge gained through large scale, complex operational factory experience
- Understanding of hazards and controls associated with a complex industrial environment and producing food and feed
- Extensive working knowledge within related industrial processes
- A proven track record of effective technical problem solving, fault diagnosis and continuous improvement
- Experience of working in an operational team of varying disciplines and skill levels
- Green Belt Lean Sigma
- Diploma in technical operations
- Understanding of technical accounting
- Experience of working in a lean operating environment
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & KEY SKILLS:
- Good communication ability across all levels of the site, across sites and between all functions
- Good analytical skills
- Practical knowledge of Lean Tools and techniques and problem solving skills
- Ability to work as an individual and with groups
- Ability to effectively balance urgent and important tasks
- Ability to demonstrate practical hands-on skills, competence and knowledge of maintenance activities in the manufacturing process
- High degree of credibility and the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the factory and the operations function of the business
- Demonstrate passion to inspire everyone to do their best, pull people successfully through critical situations
- Commitment to maintaining the Health & Safety for self and others
- Commitment to upholding the Client’s Values
21 days holiday (rising to 26 after 1 years’ service) + Bank Holidays
Buy holiday scheme
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80045451