Senior Financial Crime Officer
Senior Financial Crime Officer, London
A financial institution in London is seeking a Senior Financial Crime Officer within the Financial Crime Team to assist the MLRO and Anti Bribery and Corruption Officer for the business and contribute to all aspects of the financial crime risk management framework including anti money laundering, counter terrorist financing, sanctions, fraud and anti bribery and corruption.
- Provide support on all matters relating to financial crime including producing the annual MLRO report and ensuring process and procedures across relating to Financial Crime are appropriate.
- Review and approve briefings in respect of financial crime related regulatory developments.
- Assist the MLRO with investigations of suspicious incidents, alerts and suspicious activity.
- Make recommendation on the approval, or otherwise, of all high risk relationships.
- Act as subject matter expert in relation to primary areas of responsibility.
- Assist with the implement, and advise on appropriate system and manual monitoring as required.
- Ensure that appropriate financial crime procedures documents are maintained.
- Support the policy framework to ensure financial crime policies and procedures are updated on a periodic basis and reflect regulatory changes.
- Ensure appropriate training is provided to all employees in relation to financial crime and review / prepare training material.
- Liaise with key stakeholders within the business.
- Produce MI and compliance reports to the relevant person(s).
- Escalation of significant regulatory issues to the appropriate person or committee.
- A senior Financial Crime role, preferably with experience of leading a team.
- An excellent and in-depth working knowledge of a wide range of financial products and services.
- Knowledge of trading systems advantageous (e.g. Fidessa, Bloomberg etc.)
- Strong academic background; university degree and relevant professional qualifications.
- Experience of undertaking financial crime monitoring and advisory activities.
- Experience of working with regulators and Board members.
To find out more about Real, please visit us on www.realstaffing.co.uk