Technical Systems Analyst
St. James’s Place is a FTSE 100 Wealth Management company with £90.7bn of client funds under our management. We have grown through the ethos of offering quality, face-to-face wealth management advice and commitment to building trusted and enduring relationships with our clients. We were recently awarded 'Britain's Most Admired Companies - Insurance’ and we are currently recruiting in a number of areas to support our ongoing growth.
Main Purpose of the Job:
The main purpose of the role is to liaise with various business areas to understand their strategy, objectives and key projects to determine the system requirements for SJPs iBusiness system; converting the business requirements into a technical specification for the Developers at Intellect (SJPs partner) and reviewing the code prior to testing and implementation.
- Translating business requirements for our core system into technical specifications by liaising with users; reading documentation; evaluating procedures and processes
- Understanding, developing and approving solutions using .NET and SQL, by peer reviewing code updates by the developers, to ensure it meets the business or project criteria and validating results through the test team
- Collaborating with and acting as the link between the internal business areas, System Developers, Business Analysts, Test Teams and Project Managers
- Understand existing systems and how these can be enhanced to support additional requirements, whilst meeting controls solutions through detailed technical specifications
- Providing operational support to the wider Technology team as and when required
- Experience in systems analysis
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to understand systems and solve problems
- Hands on experience with software development and documentation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to work under pressure and highly motivated
- Team player and able to work alone
Required Technical Knowledge:
- Ability to read code in SQL, VB and .Net
How we Reward You
In addition to an attractive salary you will also receive a number of excellent benefits including a non-contributory pension, private medical insurance, life assurance, a share incentive plan, bonus sacrifice arrangements to name but a few.
The Charitable Foundation
We are extremely proud of The St. James’s Place Charitable Foundation. It is a grant-making charity where funds are raised and donated by the St. James’s Place community. The Company matches all funds raised or donated, pound for pound and since its setup in 1992 we have raised and distributed almost £60 million to good causes operating in the UK and abroad.
We are proud of the recognition we receive for the high quality advice and service we provide to our clients. Most recently, this has included being voted the: '2017 Best Private Client Investment Manager' by readers of Wealth Adviser magazine; '2017 Best Wealth Manager' by readers of Shares Magazine; '2017/18 Personal Finance Awards - Best Financial Adviser’ by readers of Money Pagesand voted the City of London '2017 Wealth Management Company of the Year'.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please click on the Apply button below.