Building Engineer - Commercial Gas Engineer
We are looking for a Commercial Gas Engineer to join our Northampton Schools account completing gas related works, maintenance tasks and minor repairs
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
Working across 43 schools as a mobile engineer on a shift pattern ranging from 7am to 6pm weekdays within the engineering team completing daily maintenance, reactive and planned works. Being on call rota for 1 week at a time reacting to callout for fire/intruder alarms.
As this position would be based in schools you would be required to undergo a DBS check.
What will you be doing?
- Delivering the Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) Schedule
- Maintaining and and scheduling repairs of buildings
- Ensuring Statutory Compliance
- Reactive maintenance
- Maintaining and exceeding KPI scores
- Ensuring best practice
- Co-ordinating suppliers as required
- Project works
Skills & experience
What are we looking for?
- Current full UK driving licence (Clean)
- Basic computer literacy
- Knowledge and understanding of personal health and safety, method statements and risk assessments
Desirable but not essential:
- Any of the following: BMP1, CCCN1, CCLNG1, CCN1, CENWAT, CKR1, CLE1, COMCAT1, COMCAT3, COMCAT5, CONGLP1PD, CONGLP1RPH, CORT1, CPA1, DAH1, HTR1, J01, L1, LAU1, MET1
- Codnco1, Ciga1, Cdga1, Cort1, Icpn1, Tpcp1 and Tpcp1a
- HVAC training / experience
- Producing Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- PPM Schedules and working practices
- Facilities Management experience
- Formal Health and Safety Training
- Knowledge of compliance and legislation
- First Aid Training
- Experience with asset registers
- Planning and programming works and budgets
What does Amey do?
Amey does far more than most people expect. You’re one of 64 million people who have used a service we support today. We help design, implement and run the infrastructure for railways, airports, energy and all sorts of vital public services from defence to healthcare.
There is a wealth of career opportunities at Amey and we’ll support you at every stage, wherever your ambitions lie, giving you the tools to bring your ideas to life and reach your goals. In return for your commitment to Amey you will receive a competitive hourly rate and access to Save with Amey (Amey’s private money saving website) and many more fantastic benefits!