Mechanical Design Engineer
Michael Page Engineering and Manufacturing are recruiting a fantastic Mechanical Design Engineer to work for a global FTSE 250 Engineering business based in Derby. With international reach and significant investment across the group, my client is now looking for a Design Engineer who will contribute to overall business strategy by designing innovative solutions for their OEM customers. The role will take projects from initial concept stage right through the product life cycle as a Design Engineer.
Our client is a Global FTSE 250 Engineering business, based in Derby. With four global sites and a sales and service network spanning 75 countries, this is a chance to join with a global business that is a market leader. After recently entering a number of lucrative markets globally they are now looking to bolster their Engineering team. The role provides full career development across their business and the opportunity to work with a number of major Engineering firms.
The Mechanical Design Engineer would be responsible for;
- Providing system design calculations and preparation and review of drawings
- Working closely with colleagues to complete project and team duties
- Produce project related correspondence and reports
- Working directly with clients and other professionals with minimal supervision
- Co-ordinating work with engineers of other disciplines
The ideal Mechanical Design Engineer in Derby would be;
- Electrically biased
- HNC/HND in electrical engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years within a design role in the Automotive industry
- Knowledge of using CatiaV5 or AutoCAD
- Understanding of engineering principles and manufacturing techniques
Competitive salary, apply for more information.