Commercial Banking Manager - West Region
Metro Bank is growing, and growing FAST! We need to hire the right people, into the right roles, at the right time, to deliver our ambitious growth plans.
Would you like to be part of a growing Bank; a Bank with direction and ambition; a Bank that is not held back with red tape and legacy issues? If this sounds like you….. read on So what would you be doing?
- Creating fans in your Commercial banking customer network by telling them about the positive, proactive and relationship focused banking proposition at Metro Bank
- Attending networking events and developing long lasting relationships with professional introducers to ensure you are acquiring, keeping and growing a portfolio of Commercial banking customers operating in a variety of sectors
- Identifying and executing lending opportunities from our Commercial banking customers (including facilities for refinance, investment, refurbishment, acquisition, development and asset purchase) enabling them to grow and achieve their business goals and aspirations
- Being a sounding board to your customers. Talking to them about all of our full range of banking services, from lending, deposits, asset finance, invoice finance, cash management and coming soon Trade and FX
- You can also talk to them about switching their whole Banking relationship to Metro Bank to enjoy the unparalleled levels of service and convenience provided through our fantastic Store network, dedicated call centres and online banking service
- Building amazing relationships with your internal colleagues to provide our customers with a first class experience across all areas of Metro Bank
You need to be this kind of person…
- Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
- Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
- Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
- Demonstrate a passion for understanding and getting to know businesses. You will need to be an expert in this field
- Writing credit papers – you will need to understand a balance sheet and have a good eye for detail. It’s important that you ask lots of questions to make sure that we are lending responsibly and keeping the Bank safe. Ideally you will have previous experience of writing deals ranging from £1m - £10m+
- Understand the differences and things to look out for when lending money to the Commercial sector. Acquire, keep and grow a network that seek out your expertise whenever they are looking to borrow money for their next venture