The Best Connection are seeking an experienced Maintenance Engineer for our established client near Ashington, West Sussex.
Based on production site, You will be responsible for the installation, preventative maintenance, repair & safe operation of mechanical equipment.
- Fault diagnose equipment & processes to determine corrective actions
- Carry out repairs to electrical and mechanical equipment
- Use on & off-site resources to escalate problems quickly in order to minimise impact & cost of downtime
- Close out “temporary” repairs with long term fixes to acceptable standards
- Assist with completion ongoing preventative maintenance plans
- Identify potential equipment & procedural improvements
- Assist with general maintenance on site
- Assist with management of parts and materials stocks
- Complete necessary maintenance records
- Maintain & promote Health & Safety standards in accordance with company and regulatory standards
- Participate in a team delivering 7 day cover to the site
Competencies to perform the role:
This role requires the individual to be: self-motivated, progressive and adaptable regarding availability to ensure that site operations are covered adequately.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possess a recognised mechanical/electrical qualification and relevant experience
- Be a “problem solver” & be able to react quickly to change
- Have good communication skills
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team
- Have a full driving license and access to a car (due to remote location of work)
Other significant role requirements:
- Pneumatics and Hydraulics
- Welding experience
- Experience of drives, motors and gearboxes
Starting pay grade - £30,000 - Negotiable based on experience / qualifications.
Hours: 37.5 over Monday to Friday