Care Home Unit Manager - Orchard Lodge
Care Home Unit Manager
Where you'll work
Orchard Lodge/ Bolding Lodge - Cares for adults with learning and physical disabilities
- To facilitate and manage the care of service users within the home, working with service users, staff and other team members to ensure this meets a high measurable standard.
- To support the Registered Manager in all aspects of the home management within the agreed budget allocations.
- To assist in the development of care and business management to enable the home to meet the requirements of registration.
- To assist the Registered Manager in leading a multi disciplinary team and enable/ensure that individual programmes of care are developed, executed and evaluated for each service user and reviewed monthly.
- Assist Registered Manager in staffing of the home at all times ensuring that the needs of the service users and local registration requirements are met.
- To maintain a multi disciplinary approach to care and ensure the environment acknowledges and respects service users' rights to choice, freedom, dignity and individual life style within the home.
- Ensure that staffing levels are maintained to the required levels.
- To assist in recruiting and selecting staff working in the home.
- To allocate roles and tasks of staff within the home to maintain an effective operation.
- Undertake training of staff including induction of new staff.
- Encourage other team members to bring ideas to fruition that will enhance the service users' individual care.
- Ensure current working practice is up to date, eg palliative care and maintain an interest in current research.
- Assist Registered Manager in carrying out staff appraisal/supervision and recognise the training requirements of all staff.
- Manage and monitor all annual leave.
- Effectively monitor and manage all sickness and absence.
- Ensure that care plans are followed and reviewed monthly.
- Be fully conversant with regulations regarding storage, administration and control of drugs used within the home.
- Ensure that all regulations relating to fire safety are executed.
- Maintain records as required by the local registration authority under the National Care Standards Act 2000, EHO, Fire Officer and Health & Safety Executive.
- Ensure that satisfactory arrangements are in place for the disposal of clinical waste.
- Ensure staffing rotas are completed and effectively managed.
- Ensure that all staff are aware of their responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and carry out the responsibilities as assigned to the Unit Manager.
- To be aware of the current COSHH regulations and ensure they are fulfilled.
Qualifications and Experience
- You must be RN qualified.
- Management experience and a full understanding of the National Care Standards Act 2000.
- A commitment to a holistic approach to care is essential.
- To be in possession of or working towards a relevant management qualification.
- Good underrstanding of CQC requirements.
This job description should not be regarded as restrictive or definite but as a guide to the demands of the post and as such will be reviewed in the light of experience.
Apply and join Sussex Healthcare!