Kitchen Assistant - BANK - Horncastle
Where you will work?
Horncastle Care Centre - Cares for adults with complex health needs
What we need from you?
We require you to be of a warm and friendly disposition with a caring nature.
Due to the nature of the business we need you to be reliable and punctual to ensure that our service users needs are met, always.
What will the role entail?
- Assist the Chef Manager in meeting time deadlines in the preparation, cooking and serving of meals.
- Monitor breakages of crockery and deficiencies of cutlery, bringing low levels of stock to the attention of the Chef Manager.
- Maintain all floors in a clean and dry state.
- Maintain all work surfaces in a clean and tidy state.
- Maintain all cookware in a clean, rust and scale free state.
- Ensure appropriate protective clothing is worn in accordance with the Chef Manager's instructions.
- Identify and, where possible, isolate any risk from equipment, and report such risk to the Chef on duty.
- To achieve the Foundation in Food Hygiene certificate.
- Other duties as detailed by the Chef Manager
*The full job description will be discussed with you at interview stage
What benefits are there for you?
- 50p extra pay at weekends
- Double pay at bank holidays
- Paid breaks
- Free staff bus,
- Subsidised meals during your shifts
- Free uniform
- Reduced rate accommodation
- In house training
- Internal academy offering various courses including specific training in a field you are passionate about,
- Mentoring scheme,
- Exceptional career progression within the company,
- Refer friend bonuses
Why work with us?
Sussex Healthcare has 23 homes across the South East of England and we are continually striving to deliver great quality care. We cover the following types of care within our homes:
- Physical Disabilities
- Mental Health
- Learning Disabilities
- End of life
- Acquired brain Injury
Apply and join Sussex Healthcare!