Store Maintenance Technician
Tesco Maintenance are currently looking to recruit a Store Technician based in and around the Bournemouth area. At Tesco, our stores and offices couldn't function without the support of our Maintenance Team. A Store Technician (or IST as we call them) is an integral part of this team, carrying out maintenance procedures, safely, in stores and offices.
Working closely with the Store Leadership Teams, the In Store Technicians deliver statutory requirements and proactive planned maintenance promptly and in a cost effective way ensuring the business is able to continue to deliver its promise of serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day.
We offer excellent benefits that help to make Tesco Maintenance a great place to work. These include the right tools and equipment to help support employees every day. Uniform and personal protection equipment to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment. Support from a large regional team as well as training, qualifications and support to build a successful career. A fantastic package with regular exposure to Tesco deals, discounts and offers. After 6 months you will receive a Colleague Card, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line. When you join us you'll be able to join our Pensions scheme.
- Ensuring a safe environment for those who work and shop in Tesco stores and offices. Taking ownership of the reactive and proactive maintenance activity, the In Store Technician will identify problems and implement effective solutions.
- Carrying out daily maintenance including but not limited to fire alarm testing, sprinkler testing, HVAC maintenance, building maintenance, electrical checks and checkout maintenance.
- Building effective relationships with the store leadership teams, communicating clearly on tasks and managing expectations where necessary.
- Ensuring assets are fixed in line with the agreed SLA's.
- Using the systems available to accurately record work completed and describing work which needs to be escalated.
- Working closely with internal service teams and external contractors.
- Meeting the necessary legal and compliance standards.
- Attending store meetings to ensure there is an understanding of maintenance issues and their level of urgency.
- Being aware of the cost implications and ensuring the most effective and efficient fix.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Maintenance and/or engineering experience
- Experience working in customer service
- Experience working remotely
- Good time management
- The ability to build relationships quickly
- Good communication skills
- An awareness of cost and budget controls
- Exposure to IT services e.g. Verisae
- An awareness of up to date Health and Safety measures
- Full UK driving licence (essential)
Ideal additional skills include:
- Relevant qualifications e.g. IOSH/ NEBOSH
- Experience handling multiple projects at one time or working in a fast moving maintenance department.