Enterprise Voice and Contact Centre Engineer
IT Support Operations and Engineering (ITSOE) delivers IT infrastructure services to five A.P. Moller Maersk business units. Within the Design and Engineering Function there is an opening for an Enterprise Voice and Contact Centre Engineer.
The Enterprise Voice Service consists of:
- Cisco Unified Call Manger (CUCM) – ~25,000 IPT users across ~150 countries/~600 sites
- Cisco Unified Contact Centre Enterprise (UCCE)– ~2,800 Agents in over 100 locations and 3 24x7 Global Service Call Centres
- 3rd Party Call Centre and IPT applications
- Local PBX support (up until migration to standard platform)
- PSTN Carrier support in over 150 countries
- Salesforce CTI integration
- Call recording
At present Maersk utilises Cisco technologies for IPT and Contact Centre and is nearing the end of a multi-year deployment. The primary operational support is delivered by a single outsourced provider. As part of the strategic evolution of the Enterprise Voice Service we are also exploring/testing MS Lync/Skype For Business Enterprise Voice based on the O365 platform.
The Enterprise Voice and Contact Centre Engineer will be responsible for the following (note this list is not exhaustive):
- Assist Architecture with design / strategy / roadmap creation.
- Creation of HLD / LLD design materials
- 3rd/4th level technical support in order to assist third party vendor during complex troubleshooting
- Bridge gap between voice and network teams during complex incidents
- Where required help educate third party supplier technical resources to facilitate long term incident management improvements
- Ensure the environment remains standard and in line with HLD’s and LLD’s
- Participate and provide technical expertise during CAB meetings
- Look for opportunities to improve the technical environment to make it more robust.
- Where appropriate seek new technical solutions for automation and self-service.
Alongside the above, the following represent standard requirements within the role:
- Work to ITSOE Service Request governance processes.
- Follow ITSOE Pricing methodology
- Follow ITSOE Project Management Methodology (Prince2)
- Implementing industry best practices (ITIL) for processes executed by the operations team
- Participation in Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings as appropriate
- Work with third parties to implement technical solutions
- Adhering to all relevant compliance policies
- Adhering to all relevant legislation
- Adhering to all service management standards (ITIL)
Required Experience & Skills
- In depth technical knowledge of Cisco IPT platform (Cisco Call Manager 10.x, Cisco Unity Voicemail, Cisco Voice Gateways, Cisco Session Manager Edition)
- In depth technical knowledge of Cisco Contact Centre platform (Cisco Voice Portal, Cisco Unified Intelligence Centre Reporting)
- In depth understanding of Voice and Contact Centre desktop applications and integration with 3rd party systems such as Workforce Management, Voice Recording, and Outbound Dialler platforms
- In depth understanding of Global PSTN carrier networks and local regulatory compliance requirements
- Proven track record of technical environment improvement
- Minimum of 5 years large enterprise experience
- In depth MS Lync Voice experience
- Previous experience of delivering/managing solutions on a global basis
- Strong business analysis skills
- CCNP Voice qualification
- UCCEIS qualification
- A post-graduate degree from a recognized university
- ITIL V3 Foundation certified
An exciting and attractive career is offered in an ambitious and competitive international environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
Our package consists of an externally benchmarked salary, pension scheme, 25 days holiday a year and a number of other attractive benefits.
The Maersk Group is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. The Maersk Group has embarked on a transformation journey, focusing on a long-term strategy to remain best in class in an industry that is increasingly volatile. At the very core of this strategy lies IT. We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation, increased forecasting capabilities and proactive handling of the market. We further aim to establish one global platform on which we effectively build systems that allow us to differentiate from our competitors in the market.
The Maersk Group is on the lookout for ambitious, accomplished and dedicated IT individuals who are interested in joining in its transformation journey.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79926886