SQL DBA- Cambridge- 40k-55k
My Cambridge based client is looking to expand their database team by welcoming a new DBA to help manage the businesses internal SQL Server databases. The client in question works closely with some of the world's leading stores to deliver mobile payment solutions so customers can connect easily at any time.
- Manage, optimise and monitor the company's SQL Server databases
- Perform troubleshooting queries and work with the development team to replace and develop non-performant queries
- Represent the Platform Operations team when development plan new databae infrastructures
- Maintain database performance but identifying and resolving problems
- Excellent knowledge of MS SQL Server, including log shipping, load and performance testing replication and ETL.
- Passion for best practice DBA work
- Experience in performaning maintenance, monitoring and optimisation
- Brilliant written and spoken communication skills
- Experience of different database technologies (e.g. Mysql)
- Experience working with Amazon, RDS etc
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79936365