Our client is looking to recruit a driven and highly logical Data Engineer with a proven track record of developing or implementing data related technologies on time, to specification and to quality assured standards. The ideal candidate will have roots in Java Development and Integration as well as having Relational Database and SQL experience.
As a Data Engineer, you’ll typically be working at customer sites throughout UK and Europe and will be responsible for configuring and implementing a variety of data management systems and solutions, such as Master Data Management (MDM), Product Information Management (PIM), Data Quality (DQ). All while ensuring security, scalability, performance and the minimisation and resolution of defects.
Where defects arise, you will be responsible for timely resolution through thorough root cause analysis and, where appropriate, you will develop, test and implement robust fixes in-line with client and project specifications.
As you progress in your role you will confidently participate in business and technical workshops to gather customer functional and non-functional requirements. This includes the challenge of dealing with the ‘people’ factor and the wide variety of national and corporate cultures that are met in their daily business.
To apply you must:
· Have a minimum of two years development or implementation experience in a data related technology. Successful candidates may include Java developers (of data centric applications), ETL developers, data analysts and data scientists
· Have two years of Java development and integration experience
· Have two years of relational database and SQL experience
· Be educated to graduate level or a professional equivalent, demonstrating a sound grasp of computer science
· Be a good communicator, including written and verbal communication and a good listener, with the ability to grasp complex business situations and represent them technically
· Be experienced in structured problem solving. Possibly by being trained and or certified in a suitable methodology
· Be willing to travel throughout Europe as projects require
A detailed list of responsibilities and person criteria is available upon request.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79926023