Professional Indemnity / Commercial Account Handler
Our client is an independent insurance brokerage based in Essex. Due to a high demand for their services, they have a need to expand their existing workforce.
They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Professional Indemnity Account Handler to join their successful team. This a fantastic opportunity for the right individual in a role with genuine career prospects in a fast-growing department. This role may also suit a Commercial Account Handler with excellent PI knowledge.
A suitable candidate must have excellent soft skills and be innovative and hit the ground running in this role. Previous face to face experience and an aptitude for sales is also desirable.
Salary: Up to £34k (negotiable depending on experience) per annum plus potential bonus
Hours of Work: 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday
Qualification: A Cert CII or above qualification is desired but not essential
Experience: Minimum 2 years Professional Indemnity Account Handling experience required
Benefits: You will receive an excellent package and you will have the opportunity of working for an extremely well run and progressive company.
The successful candidate will be involved in delivering excellent service to existing clients and supporting sales activity to win new commercial clients.
This will involve providing quotations on PI cover via the telephone, in writing and occasionally face to face. Placing cover when instructed, inviting and confirming renewals, dealing with mid-term adjustments and providing assistance in claims issues when appropriate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist sales effort regarding client / prospect needs analysis, competitor analysis, pitch preparation.
- Provide new business quotations and the ability to give relevant advice, information and guidance.
- Take instructions from new clients, ensuring cover commences at the correct time, all relevant paperwork is completed, premium is collected and relevant records and diary entries are created.
- Take instructions from existing customers in respect of alterations to existing policies, ensuring insurers are notified and records updated.
- Offer renewal of existing clients’ policies with existing insurer or move to new insurer, as appropriate. In each case, ensure relevant paperwork is completed, premium is collected and relevant records and diary entries are created.
- Check thoroughly all client documentation before despatch, ensuring queries are raised and amendments completed.
- Control your own diary system, ensuring all items are followed up by the due dates, particularly in relation to outstanding documentation from clients or insurers, premium payments and survey matters.
- Assist customers with enquiries relating to claims, either by direct involvement with the insurer concerned if appropriate, or providing contact names and telephone numbers for customer own direct contact.
- Filing of all records on a daily basis.
- Assisting with claims administration where necessary.
- Provide back up to the team performing the daily and operational routines of the Company’s computer system.
- Any general duties that may be required by your Manager in accordance with the nature of this job.
This job is office based with normal working hours and conditions applying.
Job Type: Full-time