Compliance & Auditing Manager
To be responsible for managing clients compliance department, ensuring candidate satisfies or exceeds the expectations of the customers for all aspects of food safety, legality and quality. BRC Auditing is an important part of the role!
- Undertaking scheduled supplier audits against the clients Manufacturing Standard, and Food Integrity Standard.
- Work with potential new supplying sites in preparing them for customer approval audits.
- Manage and arrange the planning and booking of customer audits with the suppliers, and ensure the sites are fully prepared for the audit.
- Accompanying customers to the supplying sites to undertake approval audits and food safety maintenance audits.
- Managing the close-out of non-conformances raised during audits from Customers, or clients within specified timelines.
- Undertaking reactive supplier visits where a significant food safety, legal or product quality issue has been identified.
Be an integral member of the clients technical team, ensuring that the business is kept informed of emerging issues, and deploys a pro-active approach in managing technical issues with both customers and suppliers.
- Engage in project work with customers and suppliers to drive continuous improvement in the supply base.
- Manage and control external consultants who carry out specific project work on behalf of client.
- Oversee the ethical / SEDEX process and requirements for our retailer customers.
- Maintenance of clients BRC Agents and Brokers Accreditation.
Full, clean driving licence
HACCP trained - Minimum level 3
Lead Assessor trained
Analytical, detailed and diligent
Front line communication with customers at a senior level
Ability to manage in a crisis
Strong sense of customer service
Good organisational skills
A pro-active team member
Computer Literate in excel, word and outlook
Experience of working within a food manufacturing environment
High level of interest in food with a creative flair
Please ask for further details