Part-time or Full Time Operations and Assistant Accountant (ref: 1630)
This is a new role for a rapidly growing Investment Management business based in Amersham. The firm manages a portfolio of public equities on behalf of institutional clients.
Working in the small team and reporting to the COO this role is varied and covers a broad remit of finance duties supporting the business, in particular providing key operations support to the trading activities of the Fund Managers.
- Managing the accounts of the firm; this includes:
- Managing all invoicing and expenses for the business
- Moving the company to a new cloud based accounting system
- Putting in place controls for signing off expenses, dual signatures on payments, etc
- Managing the daily trade cycle including trade reporting requirements
- Managing the custody, pricing and p&l reconciliation
- Client reporting
- Portfolio Management Model
- Helping the Fund Managers maintain some key spreadsheets for monitoring the portfolios and making trading decisions
- Support in pre-trade compliance (running a report)
- Monitoring the model if management away and keeping track of potential trading decisions.
- Additional (non-core):
- Office management: limited but includes dealing with IT supplier, landlord, office supplies
- Support the research team gathering data and putting together models
- Support to the marketing team in providing Excel model based research for their collateral and client needs.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in commerce or industry
- The role would suit a Part Qualified (CIMA, ACA or ACCA) Accountant
- Experience in Investment Management is not a requirement
- Detail oriented and passionate about the role; enjoy working to a target of 100% accuracy.
- Bright, keen, proactive self-starter with a passion for improving systems and processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Logical thinker with good problem-solving abilities.
- Hard working, organised and efficient
- Enjoy being part of a small supportive team; happy to work in an environment which is quiet and studious (alongside the investment research team)
- Excellent Excel skills – experience of building complex spreadsheets, enjoy the process of ensuring that they are well-designed, understand the scope of Excel to improve process efficiency
- Advanced Excel: e.g. use of Macros, VLookup, Pivot Tables
The role is seeking a minimum of 5-6 hrs every day within the core hours of 10.30am-4.30pm. The role would suit someone looking to avoid commuting into London, or who would like to reverse commute out of London, and can be either full or part-time. The salary for this position would be up to £35,000 full time equivalent pro-rata for part-time hours. Holiday entitlement will be 22 working days + bank holidays.
The business is based in Amersham, Buckinghamshire, a 2 minute walk from the Metropolitan Line to Harrow, Baker Street and the City and the Chiltern Line into Marylebone.
If this sounds like you, apply for this great opportunity today . It’s really helpful when applying if you can include details of why you feel you’d be a good fit for the position.