PR and Marketing Officer
We have an innovative business model which is based on growing the size of the organisation so that we may continue to deliver great services for children and young people. This relies on Epic exposing itself digitally via good social media content and engagement online.
Position: PR and Marketing Officer
Location: North Kensington, London
Job Type: Part Time, 12 months Fixed Term Contract
Hours: Max 18 hours per week
Salary: £26,000 pro rata (some weekends and evening work)
Interview dates of: Wednesday 21st February and Thursday 22nd February 2018.
About the role:
The PR and Marketing Officer will manage the PR profile, brand awareness, curate the social media content and enhance the company’s public image by delivering influential campaigns.
- Support the implementation of our profile-raising campaigns alongside the Marketing Strategy
- Lead on the development of a media database, finding existing bloggers / magazines / journalists that would cover campaigns
- Report to the Communications Manager regarding PR and Marketing performance
- Ensure the organisation’s web presence and social media is updated with relevant PR and media coverage content
- Be the lead contact in all press releases for national and international media work
- Support the production of publicity and promotional materials
- Communicate organisational goals, key messages and information to partners, service users and other key stakeholders in an easily understandable manner
- Be responsible for using the Content Management System to update the Epic website as necessary
- Update the Customer Relationship Management platform (Salesforce) with relevant information to track and manage relationships
- Build effective external partnerships that contribute to the overall strategy of Epic CIC
- Serve as a spokesperson for Epic CIC ensuring proper representation of the enterprise to a variety of audiences
- Develop and communicate organisational messages to key audiences using a variety of channels
- Communicate programmes, activities, and impact in line with our social enterprise and charity’s objectives.
- Prepare regular updates / reports in respect of PR and communications activity for the Business Management Team
- Support on external relations and to develop an increased presence within the national and international media by coordinating all PR and media work
Essential Skills / Experiences:
- Educated to degree level
- Marketing professional with demonstrable experience of a wide range of marketing and communications approaches and a proven track record beyond entry level
- Experience of working effectively with a wide range of organisations and individuals, including building and maintaining good relationships
- IT skills, Google Suite, Social media, websites including (CMS systems & SEO optimisation)
- Understanding of the briefing and design process, demonstrated by the production of marketing campaigns, including promotional materials
- Excellent administrative, verbal and written communication skills capable of copywriting and editing
- Experience of managing internal and external communications, working with and developing relationships with the Press, managing press releases and Public Relations
- Flexible approach to work and working hours, including willingness to work occasional weekends and occasional evenings
Desirable Skills / Experiences:
- Evidence of further study and / or additional qualifications in Public Relations, Marketing and / or Communications
- Salesforce experience
- Digital marketing planning & implementation including website development and social media
You may have experience of the following: PR and Marketing Officer, Marketing and PR Officer, PR & Marketing Officer, Marketing & PR Officer, PR Officer, PR Assistant, PR Executive, Marketing Officer, Marketing Executive, Marketing Assistant, PR Coordinator, Marketing Coordinator, SEO Executive, Social Media Coordinator, SEO, Search Engine Optimisation, Communications Officer, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.