Financial Control Manager
This is a superb opportunity to work for one of the largest banks in the world that is looking to double in size by 2020.
As a Financial Control Manager you will join a dynamic team with the Midlands.
One of the largest banks in the world.
Reporting into the Chief Operating Officer, this is a fantastic opportunity to join the business as a Financial Control Manager.
- Leading on business transformation projects and actively driving change within the Finance department.
- Managing the Financial Control team to ensure timely production and detailed review of all financial control assessments.
- Responsible for the internal control environment and all level 2 controls within finance.
- Constantly evaluating performance of controls and processes, identifying improvements and implementing action plans across all departments within finance.
- Organising the day to day running of the Financial Control team, ensuring your team's objectives are achieved, and providing clear direction and support for team members.
- Act as the single point of contact for all relevant queries from senior management within the business and from the group.
- Providing advice and guidance to the business, finance, and other areas of the business as necessary on the appropriate financial controls, reporting requirements and policy implementation.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality and accuracy of the quarterly group submissions for all local UK entities.
- Managing the relationship with both internal and external auditors.
- The candidate must have a strong technical understanding of IFRS with detailed knowledge of technical updates such as IFRS 9 and IFRS 16.
- Managing, understanding and contributing to system changes and other transformation projects (i.e. RADAR, IFRS 9 etc.) and their impact on the existing IFRS reporting processes.
- Qualified ACA Top 10 accountant with solid financial reporting experience in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Strong experience of staff management and dealing with senior finance management.
- A track record of delivering significant change which improves business effectiveness in sustainable ways
- Detailed understanding and appreciation of all international accounting standards and their impact on financial accounting/reporting for banks.
- Role relevant qualifications, should be at minimum Chartered Accountancy level
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Solid financial reporting
- A flexible and adaptable management style with experience of developing yourself and others
Up to £48,000 + £5,000 car allowance + benefits.